looking for people to ride with 7/15 - Seattle

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
That's a maybe on my part . . . we haven't figured out our weekend yet. I won't know what I"m doing Sunday morning until Sunday morning. :silly:

BUT, if our camping trip falls through due to work, I may be able to go . . . what's Walker valley like? I've heard baaad things about Reiter. I can ride Taneum and Mad River without major problems so I guess while I'm not fast I can ride intermediate trails . . . I'm probably good for 40 miles, if you don't mind lots of water breaks.

ultrachrome

Oct 25, 1999
What's Walker like? It's very different than Reiter. Reiter is a lot of mud and roots. Walker (at least when I have been there) seems to have harder soil and lots of round loose rocks in places. While there are plenty of tree roots, it doesn't strike me as rooty. There are a fair amount of switch backs but they are pretty wide so you might like the practice. I would consider it challenging in places. Right now it's pretty dusty in places so it might not be the best choice.

I haven't been to Taneum or Mad River so I don't know how they compare. I'm game for anything that doesn't take half a day to get there.

Breaks are fine. I'll probably be eating on mine.

dual-sporter

Jun 2, 1999
i've never been to walker either, but want to ride there sometime soon. i also want to check out evans creek.

husafreak started a thread: 'reiter'

reiter has both tough & easy parts, i consider most of it easy with minor technical stuff. i don't haul balls through it...i'm pokey & catch up eventualy. but if anybody wants tight gnarly singletrack... i can help... :p

i'm available both saturday & sunday, willing to ride both... name the location & time to meet. i'll be driving a dk red '91 toyota 2wd std cab, the bike is a '94 XR250L, white plastic, big tank.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
It's looking like we might head to Dairyland MX. I am trail riding at Mad River Saturday with Steve and then Sunday going to Dairyland (probably) Look for a KTM in a red Toyota.

vern#19

Apr 23, 2000
thurston

I am going to try out PRO racing's 1 Hr. GP at Thuston county ORV they are runing the MX track grass track and trial sections on the hill side . Rumor has it they are trying to water the whole course . They are billing as an MX verse Woods rider event . Anyway thats where I'll be BBR259F # 226 say high

Top Bottom