Looking for Risers for my 220

suscom

Jul 7, 2007
Greetings,
Following a few riders on my new-to-me 2004 KDX 220, I noticed that the handlebar height is way too low for me.
What brand, and length, of riser is everyone using? I'm thinking I need about 2" of rise...

Also, how much rise can you get away with before longer throttle, clutch, and brake lines are requried?

suscom

Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
I have a 25mm (I think) rise on mine and the cables are almost on the limit. Remember that as the bars are rubber mounted into the triple clamp that you will need to get a one piece top clamp for your bars. When I did mine I used 2 single clamps for about 2 minutes until it became obvious that the bars were not stable at all. One good pull on the bars misaligned them even though they were done up properly. The one piece top bar clamp fixed it no probs.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000

Matthuw

May 3, 2010
I ride a 2005 KDX 220 and have recently installed risers. The height is great but I am not to happy with the torque on the rubber spacers. I have looked in replacing the rubber with Rubber Killerz but apparently they might not fit. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Cheers,
mrj

Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
To get the bars and height that I wanted I jury rigged some bars at different heights and angles until I was comfortable sitting and standing (more comfortable standing actually). I then measured the setup and chose bars and risers that reproduced it. In the end I actually went for Sunline KTM bend and the 25mm risers as well. Worked for me, but we are all different, so I'd give the jury rig a go first to see what you actually want and are comfortable with.

Top Bottom