Looking for suggestions on my setup

bonitz

Aug 20, 2008
Im going to start woods racing next april, and im wandering what mods i should be looking to do to my stock yz450. I already have rg3 triple clamp kit with a 22.5mm offset, and a fmf megabomb/q silencer setup sitting in my room. I figure i will want a suspension setup, but im not sure what kind.Im 6'5"215lbs. I also was wandering about if a rekluse clutch would be a good idea. or maybe a flywheel weight. Please any suggestions are appreciated.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I would start with some hand guards or bark buster’s for sure. Skid plate is always a good idea. I like to run a brake snake to protect your brake pedal. If you are racing in the woods you want to do everything you can to protect your bike from damage you don’t need to worry about power so much the 450 has that covered. Suspension setup is always a good idea, but you may want to try as is, maybe just adjusting your clickers and see how it handles before spending the big bucks. I have never owned a rekluse clutch (more money than I want to spend) I know people that thinks it’s the best thing ever and I know people that’s spent a lot of money and never been able to make it work for them. I think a steering stabilizer is an important item to have off-road but there again you may want run a race or two before you spend the money.

bonitz

Aug 20, 2008
Yea i was planning on getting a nice glide plate, and some bark busters.The brake snake is a good suggestion. Thanks

Top Bottom