May 26, 2012
I value your input.... so here we go:

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)

5' 10" 170lb. medium build.

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?

I am pretty athletic/coordinated and confident in my abilities. Particularly for my age (33).

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????

I would like to be able to ride trails, but still be able to get around a motocross track from time to time. I've seen videos of "harescrambles" and those look like what I'd love to do most. I don't really know all the proper jargon and lingo for various types of races or classes. My ideal riding experience would be going across a lot of varied terrain... slow quasi-technical stuff at one point then maybe a wide open/fast area... then maybe hills and a few jumps thrown in.... mix it up. Whatever you call that, its what I'd like.

4) Do you have any riding experience?

I raced motocross for a couple years when I was 14-15 years old. Though I wasn't all that competitive at it. Done some BMX and mountain biking since then.

5) Do you think you will race ?

Not much. If I did, it would be just for grins. I'm not trying to go pro.

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?

I am mechanically competent. Most work that doesn't require expensive/specialized tools, i would do myself.

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?

I like anything made in USA so KTM is a plus. 4 strokes appeal to me just because they seem most popular nowadays. I think MX bikes have a cool factor that trail and enduro bikes don't quite have.... but that doesn't mean I must have an MX bike... I'm just throwing that out there.

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?

I'm in Tulsa. I think just about any brand dealer isn't too far away. I know we have Honda, Yamaha, KTM, not sure about Suzuki and Kawasaki.

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?

I'd like to find something used in the $2000 range. But if my needs were significantly better met then I can spend more. For the sake of this post just consider my target $2000 but I could go up to $4000 if it really made a big difference.

10) Do you live in California?

Nope.

11) Your age?

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

nah.

Top Bottom