Kzoo

Mar 26, 2004
looking for the best tires for enduro riding

I am looking to put new tires on my bike for this season of riding/racing. I ride in the lovely sandy ground in mid Michigan, but would like to have a tire work in the Upland mud also.

what is your input for tires.

Last edited:

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Kzoo,
Hands down, Imho Michelin S-12s. AWESOME off road tire, has good wear. The price is comparable to Dunlop, Bridgestone etc. Best price most of the MTR gang have found is Lansing Cycle, ask for Steve.

Dave L.

TJC510

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 22, 2006
i have always used a dunlop 756, but today i found out about the new dunlop MX51 and MX31 that are replacing them 756 and 773. my feelings are mixed about it. i absolutely love the 756 front, the 756 rear works, could be better.

ulmanb

Jun 12, 2003
Fronts I have liked the Michelin M-12 and bridgestone M59 (stock KTM).

Rear, had decent luck with a Dunlop 952. Me and my brother-in-law tried Michelin S-12's last season and we werent impressed with how quickly they wore out and chunked.

Got a hold of another new KTM takeoff Bridgestone for the rear on my 200, and a kenda trackmaster rear for the cr.

Also had good luck with the stock pirellis that came on my crf450, I think they are now called scorpions now , but they are pricey.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
D.LEATHERS said:
Kzoo,
Hands down, Imho Michelin S-12s. AWESOME off road tire, has good wear. The price is comparable to Dunlop, Bridgestone etc. Best price most of the MTR gang have found is Lansing Cycle, ask for Steve.

Dave L.

Hey, I agree with Dave!!!!!! :yikes: S 12's rule!! The front is outstanding....sometimes the rear will round off or wear a little quick though.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
New Dunlops

I've been reading tests on the new GEOMAX'S that are replacing the 756 & 773. I have used both in the past and they work great, but they round and lose their edge very quickly. I may try the new geomax mx-31, which is the new mud & sand tire, just to see if the new compound wears any better.

Dave L.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
This may sound weird, I like the stock bridgestones that came on my KTM's - the bikes work so well that I was afraid to change anything. - especially on the 08 200cc unit, yeah I love the 200cc bike it grips great and has good ware.

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
ulmanb said:
Me and my brother-in-law tried Michelin S-12's last season and we werent impressed with how quickly they wore out and chunked.
They moved production from Spain to Thailand recently and guys have reported faster wear with the Thai tires. Too bad, but hopefully they will correct this.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
ive been using dunlops since last year cause it was hard to find the s-12. I have the 756 on the rear and on a 125 i can get about 4 rides outta it and it works good in the soft stuff. Have the 773 on the front and in the sand it sticks. Have tried the maxxis tires and you couldnt pay me to ride on em again they suck!!!!!

nickolino

Feb 21, 2008
If you have a 19 rear try a mich starcross they hook and wear like iron. Michilen changed composition for better wear for 09. Bridgestone was the first to use dual compound and are a awesome tire KTM would only use the best. Dunlop and pirelli are great the pirelli also wear like iron. All the rest start fires with.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Cheng-shin. :cool:

Attachments

• Cheng%20Shin%20C183.jpg
    Cheng%20Shin%20C183.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 685

TJC510

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 22, 2006
D.LEATHERS said:
I've been reading tests on the new GEOMAX'S that are replacing the 756 & 773. I have used both in the past and they work great, but they round and lose their edge very quickly. I may try the new geomax mx-31, which is the new mud & sand tire, just to see if the new compound wears any better.

Dave L.
ill have some mx51s first part of april, maybe a mx31 rear, depending on funds. your welcome to try em, but you'll have to ride my KTM.

my dad has a maxxis on his xr600, works preaty good, better than the other choices in a 17" rear.

rayracing88

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 24, 2009
I would say go with the Dunlop Geomax MX31 they are suppose to be for sand and mud

Top Bottom