mighty_mace

May 21, 2007
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) I'm about 6 foot tall and 200lbs

2) How physical / aggressive are you ? I'm in pretty good shape, and want to be aggressive....been awhile since i've ridden.

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? Mostly trails and woods, maybe some mx tracks once i get more confident in my abilities.

4) Do you have any riding experience? Some, I had a bike when I was younger but never was a great driver...mosty just putt around on trails with it.

5) Do you think you will race ? doubt it.

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? yes, like working on my own stuff and look forward to learning.

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? Not really

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? THeir are numerous dealers in the area.....probably not a real problem finding parts/help for the major makers.

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? 2500ish?

10) Do you live in California? no

11) Your age? 29

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion? I have been riding around on a buddys 2001 kx250 and really like the power it has, its just a little too much for me though. I do feel more confident on it than when he first let me try it out but it just has to much get up and go for trail riding.

Thanks for the help fellas...i was thinking one of the newer 250 for strokes would suit me pretty well (although I would probably need to throw a few more bucks out there to get one) but wondered if they had to be rebuilt as often as the 125 two strokers? I assume the 2 strokes are easier to work on than the 4 strokes...or am in incorrect.

mighty_mace

May 21, 2007
I may go with the 2 stroke if i come across a good deal...a buddy of mine has both a suzuki 2 stroke and 4 stroke...might have to see if I can take each for a spin to see the differences.

Top Bottom