Shocktech

Oct 31, 2003
Hey guys, first of all I would like to praise the great forum you have got going here. I looked around the internet and I had no luck finding a friendly, active community until I stumbled on this site. Keep up the good work..

On to the question, as the subject says I am looking for the right bike(s) to get. The last time I rode was probably 7-8 years ago when I was around 12-13. My brother and I had Honda 50's and they were an absolute blast to ride (before they got stolen anyway). We are both looking to get back into the sport, and have no clue on the appropriate bikes to look at.

Are there any leading brands? Anything to avoid particularly? I am around 6'2 210 lbs and he is around 6'1 190. I have been told to look at nothing smaller then 250cc. Is this correct? We would mostly be riding in woods and old logging roads up in the mountains.

Does anyone have any brand suggestions? Any input at all on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Heh.... rules were made to be broken!

Take a cruise around Canadian Dave's KDX forum here at DRN. They're most excellent woods bikes.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Your post is fine. Asking for suggestions is a lot different than a brand war... trust me.

A good 250 would be fun to ride but a KDX may be better to start out on. It depends on what your goals are going to be.

Ivan

Shocktech

Oct 31, 2003
Originally posted by gwcrim
Heh.... rules were made to be broken!

Take a cruise around Canadian Dave's KDX forum here at DRN. They're most excellent woods bikes.

I will check that out, thanks!

Originally posted by Truespode
Your post is fine. Asking for suggestions is a lot different than a brand war... trust me.

A good 250 would be fun to ride but a KDX may be better to start out on. It depends on what your goals are going to be.

Ivan

I want a bike that will last me a good 5 years of abuse in the woods and on trails. I will never go racing MX, because that just doesnt seem all that interesting to me. I always enjoyed bombing around in the woods and backroads, as there are alot of them around here. Dont get me wrong, I still want something fast, but I dont need something that is designed to be hyper-tuned for for speed and racing.

Thanks for any suggestions

Top Bottom