crf250xrider

Jul 17, 2007
My son is 13 and loves to ride trails. He's not real tall and I'm not sure what to put him on next. We have been riding the Pine Cone enduro in Michigan for the past 6 years and there is talk about setting up a youth enduro series. He was riding a KX 65 and did great on that, but last year he wanted a four stroke bike because he liked the way my CRF250x rode. We endend up selling the KX and got a Pitster Pro because it had a 125 four stroke air cooled motor and was small enough for him to ride. Problem is it doesn't have that much pull and the suspension is not woods freindly. He was looking at the CRF150R but I haven't seen any of these set up for the woods. I see a lot of 85s set up, is this the only way to go?

Any comments or advise is welcomed,

Thanks

crf250xrider

Jul 17, 2007
zoommx said:
KX100 adds some lower rpm power over most 85s. My son's seems to make nice woods/trail power.

Thanks, that's what my sons cousin was riding but he didn't get a chance to ride it. We also found a 04 KTM 105 for $1500 and it looks clean, is this an okay bike.

Jan 3, 2007
crf250xrider, when the 2008 KTMs come out the 50, 65, and 85 will be woods ready and about the same price for a 85 vs. the CRF150R. Also, the 105 is great for woods when you add a flywheel weight and bottom end pipe and thats a fair price.

c&m racing

Jul 26, 2007
im 13 and short my dad got me a 125 ktm sx with a shorty (helps with bottom power) and shortend about 2 inches it is awsome for trailslot of bottom and top really smooth nice bike!!! :)

you could call my dad and talk to him hell tell u queit a bit about it and wat u should do if u want

Top Bottom