csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
Hey guys, im not looking to sell my old bike or anything, I just always want a new bike to add to the garage, I currently have riding a 2000 250exc, I love it more then anything else ive ever ridden, shes got good power and is a blast to ride, but I kind of want to get a 4 stroke, I want to get a 450 I have only ridden a few and I think I like them.

I do mostly trail riding, so I was looking for something that will do decent on the trails, also I have read they can be extremely high maintenance, I guess im asking what 450s are reliable and tough, I dont think a 4 stroke will ever be as cheap to run as a 2 stroke, but I just don't want to buy a lemon that is junk after 100 hours of use, just to throw into perspective I run about 100 hours a year on my bikes, and I honestly dont have to do a hole lot of maintenance to my ktm, and she always goes great, new breaks, wheel bearings ect top end when needed and she goes good.

thanks guys!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Buy a trail oriented 450. Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, KTM.....they all offer them. Frequent air filter and oil service will keep the motor running a long time if you're not on the rev limiter all the time.

csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
Found a 2003 yzf450 for 1500obo, is that a good deal? I looked around and it seemed like those bikes are reliable and didnt really have any problems.

I already read they can be a handful in the woods, but im alright with that, I keep up a good pace anyway, am good with a clutch and just want a 450 for ripping around, I can use my exc for tight woods.

any opinions? good deal bad deal? pass, go for it?

thanks guys!

csdwarf

Apr 19, 2010
I also read the 2003's have a big hit compared to the other 450's but how does that compare to the hit on my 250 exc, or a MX 250 like a cr? Im used to bikes that hit like that, so if its like that or less violent it wont be anything new, and if its more it will be exciting :D

Top Bottom