Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'll give ya this much, you sure want to do DW!

If I've been following along correctly;

1) You didn't have a bike
2) You didn't have any gear and,
3) You have no way to get there.

Sounds like a "DirtWeek or Bust" winner to me.

jabroni1m

Mar 14, 2003
Your absolutely right, I had nothing. From what i've heard and seen its well worth it. Your only 19 once. If I leave early and stop every hour or so it won't be that bad. To add too it I broke my toe a couple days ago but its better now, still hurts but by dw I will be good. Theres a guy coming through memphis but he can only take a bike, if I save up more i'll rent a truck for the trip.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Just be sure to stay away from me at DW. I wouldnt want my luck to rub off on you. :) An no, its not good luck that i have. Sure would hate for you to break something, part, body, etc since you'd have to ride back home. Not the way i'd do it but good luck and see you there!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Tree jumper
Not the way i'd do it but good luck and see you there!
You are such an inspiration. :p I'd have to agree with ya though :ugg:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
What can i say, i tell it like it is. ;) I'd love to help out but i already transporting several bikes and gear.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by jabroni1m
Theres a guy coming through memphis but he can only take a bike, 

jabroni1m, where are you located?  We may be able to help you out.  We have so many bikes that we're having to take 2 vehicles now.  We'll definately have room for one more body, and we "may" have room for another bike (depends on how many we can get in the trailer).  Right now we have 3 people and 6 bikes.  We're in Paducah, KY and will be traveling West on Hwy 60 / I-44 through Missouri.  Let me talk with the guys and see if we'll have room.  If we do, you're more than welcome to hook up with us before we leave or somewhere enroute.  We're leaving Monday morning.  Coming home, we're leaving Sat. night, stopping at my wife's grandparents in Neosho, MO, then coming on home after church, Sunday.  I'll get back with you tomorrow.

Or if you just want to Ironman it, go ahead and Dualsport it!  It will be a long ride home though!  5 days of riding will zap you! :aj:

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
You can come up north and probably hitch a ride with Eric(Tailbone) and myself. You're more than welcome to stay at my place for however long you need. Just don't eat all my cereal! :)

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Have you already got the bike? I know that you have been looking hard for one.

Those XR 6-hunnys are a nice breed. :thumb:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Darby sold one of his bikes, so we're down to 5 bikes now.  We will have room if you wanna tag along.  We'll be loading up this Saturday and rolling out Monday morning.

Email me or call me.

corey@vci.net

270-559-0698

Corey Lovett

jabroni1m

Mar 14, 2003
Emailed ya. And for everyone else. The funny thing is I don't have my motorcycle license yet. I"m really dw or bust bad. I would have had to get turn signals fixed, and get my license if it wasn't for Cal coming through. Looks like i'll be there but hopefully I still win the award!!! :-)

Top Bottom