Looks like Spider is sidelined for a while

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
:bang: :bang: Dang that's a shame! Heal up Eric and hang tough Dave & Trudy :cool:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I'm very sorry to hear this guys! Hope Eric heals up quickly from surgery.

I busted my butt, literally, snowboarding in Reno. I fell getting off the lift directly onto my tailbone - it still hurts to this day (3 years later) if I sit for too long, and it especially hurts after a long day of riding.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
High Lord Gomer said:
Update, Dave?

I just talked to Dave, he's at work and unable to post. Eric had surgery very early this morning and they plated both bones. They want to keep him for observation for 36-48 hours out of concern that the sweeling may cause a problem with loss of feeling in the fingers. Dave will update as soon as he gets home from work and learns more from the hospital.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Thanks for the update Chili.

Tell Spider we're thinkin' about him Dave.

Heal up fast. :cool:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Glad the surgery went well sorry to hear he went and got himself broke. Let him know I'm thinking of him.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers. I finally got to talk to him a few minutes ago and he seems to be doing pretty good. The breaks were clean with no chips or spirals and the surgery went smooth. He had snapped both the bones about half way between the wrist and elbow and they were displaced about 2 inches. Metal plates were put in to hold it together and now they are watching for swelling . His nurse told me the surgeon commented that he is in such good physical condition that it helped which made him feel pretty good. Now the biggest part is him getting discharged and figuring out a way to get home.

Wolf I appreciate the offer and if worse comes to worse I might call on you but we are hoping he can get discharged in time to head home with the guys he went out with. They are trying to make work arrangements to stay until Friday if need be. He is actually in the hospital at Frisco Colorado.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
I did the same thing, except broke my left wrist at the same time. Not snowbaording, but yeah. It took some sweet talking to get out of there the day after surgery. He is going to go nuts!! My top arm bone was sticking up about 4 inches almost through my skin. The pictures are going to be interesting to say the least. Mine took about 14 weeks total until they let me go without a wrist brace of any type. They used stiches on mine and the scars are kinda cool, but wierd. Almost like train tracks. Its been 6 years since I broke mine, but the scars'll fade in a year or two. Hope he heals up good, and all goes well and quick for him.

Spider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2000
:cool: thanks everyone for the support its greatly apprecated and its really not as bad as it could be and really i wish it wouldnt have happened but i dont really regret it. I mean what fun would these sports be if there was no risk invovled you got to push yourslef sometime. but thanks again and im sure ill be back riding soon enough seeing how it wont be casted.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Chili said:
Wait until your mother gets a hold of you if you want to talk about risk .

Man, your cruel Chili :laugh:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
The surgery went great and the Dr released him from custody this morning. Now he gets to spend the next 18 hours in a car with his 3 friends coming home. Mom (and me I suppose) can't wait to see him and give him a big hug.
Typical of him when I asked if the trip was worth it "You bet!!! It was great the day and a half boarding and I would love to live out here someday". Glad he had a good time before getting hurt.

BTW Kevin Chili knows my wife so his post is pretty accurate

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
oldguy said:
BTW Kevin Chili knows my wife so his post is pretty accurate

Thats what I thought!..... :joke: ;)

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Im late to the party as ussual.
Sorry to hear about the breaks Eric. Heal up quickly. How was the car ride home? The apple doesnt fall far from the tree now does it Dave. Back in the day, I busted up both my knees skiing, 1 sugery right away and the other knee 10 years later. Experiance comes at a price, sometimes its worth it, sometimes not.

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
Get well soon! Our friend Aaron also busted up both wrists last summer... I laughed so hard when his wife told me about having to take "care" of him on the potty! Good thing that Spider is young and will heal up fast!

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Dave - Just saw this post.

Hope the kid heals well/quick. He does have youth on his side. Keep us updated on his surgery.

I'm familiar w/ the snowboard injury thing ... now i just stick to the dirt bikes.

Top Bottom