O3RM125

Dec 22, 2007
Hey all,

I noticed on the 2003 rm125 I bought the other day that if you "lift and jiggle" the front tire while the bike is on the stand there seems to be a bit of play in the headset(I think its called the headset, its been awhile and I dont have a manual yet.)

If I recall I need to pull the bars and the upper triple clamp off to reach that "special" nut that takes a "special tool" to tighten it and that should rectify this issue no?? Or can I just bang onto that "special" nut with a screwdriver and hammer to try and tighten things there without removing bars etc? Please tell me which is best/correct. The bike has an Applied upper clamp so I think whomever put that on may have left everything slightly to loose.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I highly suggest you take the assembly apart. This wobble you feel may only require a better adjustment of the nut. But, it may also mean that the bearings and races in the housing could be worn or damaged. You can get a good feel for how well this part of the bike was maintained by taking it apart and inspecting. If the bearings look good then you can clean, pack them up with grease, and reinstall. I almost guarantee they need grease anyway.
I like to tighten on the stand with the bars on, and only allow the wheel assembly enough slack that it just barely can fall to one side after placing it straight.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Take a close look at the bearings and races. Suzuki does not make the greatest dust seal....... We have found the Pivot Works kits to be a good, long lasting replacement.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom