UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Everything is coming together nicely. All signups will be at the staging area. Need Spark Arrestor and to pass sound requirements, no need for plate.

Mini Moose is Saturday, 1 pm key time, and should be great trail once again. Two approx 15 mile loops. First loop is fun, easy, 12mph. Second loop is for the "big guys and girls" only, will be fun trail, might have a couple of moon rocks, and will have a 18mph average to add to the challenge.

Loose Moose is Sunday with a 9am keytime. Will be run as a traditional timekeeper -- get your computers out, Trailboss Nick is going out of his way to challenge your timekeeping skills! Only one "A section" this year, for the A riders only. NO trail on the Mountain (for anyone!). Should be a fun trail, very little road, so expect to be worn out at the end of the day! We're trying to keep the extremely technical rock sections at a minimum, but not lose the "flavor" of the LM. We hope we've put together a course that will make everyone happy.

Hope to see ya there! :cool:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I'll be there. I am hitching a ride with the Dusendang clan. We will be there Friday night and are planning to run a check on the Mini Moose.

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
I'll be there. Looking forward to it!

My oldest might do his first mini this year too. I am nervous about that!

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
I was entertaining the idea of going, if for nothing more than to ride the mini-moose and experience the U.P. terrain, but I was politely reminded of previous family obligations by my better half!!!! :yell: God dang open house season and she has two cousins with open houses that weekend. Tried to bribe my way out with a diamond ring or surf lessons from Pablo the latin love machine but she's not having it. Maybe next year...... :uh:

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
I'll be up for the LM. Son has a b-day party that he wants to go to so we won't be there for the MM. Hoping to drag a couple other IL guys with me too. Depending on what time we get up there I would help run a check at the MM if needed.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Ryan, I tried to recruit Speedy Pete, but he is headed to a Eiler wedding. If you get to Marquette by noon, you can work with us on a check.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Some how some way I'll be there. Riding who knows what!

Slowone I have even raced on my annivisery, a man Must have his priorities! :nod:

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Less than a week away. Mike and I are stoked to say the least. MM & LM are so pure as are all the D14/D15 events. Every last one of them offers unique flavor. Picking Mike up at school at noon to head north. Does it get any better. :cool: :cool:

Looking forward to seeing everyone!! :ride:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Camp Chaos Racing will be there. The boys will do the Mini on Saturday (I will ride along with the boys for fun to) , I will do the "Easy" on Sunday. We plan to arrive there Friday afternoon. Last weather forecast I saw sure looked nice to - upper 60s and partly cloudy.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
Hopefully it will be as hot as it was in 2005.

After it down pours for 3 days straight.......

You guys have fun next week, I'll be wrapped up and shining at Erin's graduation. She's most disappointed about missing the Mini Moose, her choice would be to skip graduation and ride. Thats my girl! :cool: :p

jjl

Jun 25, 2006
I am planning to attend with my son and run the MM (1st enduro for both of us)

I am trying to find a map or directions to the MM from Marquette (or from Duluth, MN). I seem to be missing it on the flyer posted on the d14enduro website.

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
I'm afraid if I blow my wife off, or more appropriately "her feelings", I will have the future opportunity of racing on my FORMER anniversery date! Gotta go so I don't get the family activities come first speech for the 942nd time. Young kids, 8yrs, 5yrs, and 13 months require peace in the home and these days everything is a compromise in respect to my wants vs. the needs of my family. In the future more freedom will come. I feel fortunate to have been able to pre-register for the Buzzards event in August. Good luck to everyone that attends and thanks for the "RIBBING" Mr. Dunn. :ride:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
jjl said:
I am planning to attend with my son and run the MM (1st enduro for both of us)

I am trying to find a map or directions to the MM from Marquette (or from Duluth, MN). I seem to be missing it on the flyer posted on the d14enduro website.

First off - you are gonna have a blast! The Mini Moose has always been my son's favorite, and this year I have two kids riding. Look us up - green Ford Excursion, KTM front license plate, big white trailer. We will arrive Friday afternoon.

Here is a link to a thread here on DRN with directions:

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=149659

Here is the short version of some easy directions - coming from Duluth you will be on M-28 - go through Ishpeming, then Negaunee. Just past Negaunee, turn south on M-35. Take M-35 to county Road 480. Turn east on 480. (there is a stop sign at that intersection). Not sure the distance from there, but a few miles anyhow - but they typically have a black Moose silhouette cut out with an arrow. You will turn south there, then a couple miles to the staging area. If you come to a stop sign on 480 (gas station etc. on that corner) you went just a mile or so to far.

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
Trailboss Nick and I mileaged the course yesterday and today. Three separate courses -- A, B/SS and C/Masters.
I think everyone will be happy. It is not as long as in the past for any of the classes. Some tough stuff for the A's, some technical stuff for the A's and the B's, and a fun course for the C's.
We have some new trail (again) this year -- the new section is called Charlottes Web; it's got some technical parts and it is really fun!
We are hoping to have the route sheet finished and emailed to Midwest Enduros.com by Tuesday, so look for it to be posted on that site (hope to have the MiniMoose posted too).

If you're camping, bring bug dope.

Top Bottom