Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
Yeah, I know it's two and a half months away, but I thought you'd be interested in knowing about it!
The UP Sandstormers has been selected to host Round Six of the AMA/FMF National Enduro Series. We're hard at work putting together some kick-butt trail, and hope a good contingent of DRN members will participate! We pay points for D-16 and D-14, and we don't conflict with any D-15, D-17, D-22 or D-23 events either (so everyone from at least the Midwest should be able to make it!).
We will be having a Kid's Enduro on Saturday, July 19. This is a great way to get your kids to try their hand at Enduro! We've a pretty easy 15 mile loop that the kid's ride twice; the event is run with a 12 mph average. We hope have our favorite celebrity starter again this year (HINT: his license plate reads "8 TIMES," and his initials are DB), and all kids are awarded a trophy!
Check out our club Website, [L=UP Sandstormers]http://www.upsandstormers.com[/L], for more info and entry form.
Hope to see you there!
Magoo

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I know you can count on at least five DRNers to be there (Fred, Nathan, Napper, my dad (Circuit Rider) and me.  Fred, Napper and I would like to help the club on Saturday (road crossing or a check).  My dad and Nathan are planning to ride.  Napper, Fred and I plan to ride/race on Sunday.  We are looking forward to it!!

I am pretty sure Doc will be there from Wisconsin.  I saw him at Lansing Cycle a few months ago.  Also, I seem to remember SmitDog talking about making the trip.

If anyone has never been to the Marquette area to ride, I highly recommend these events.  It is a great time, excellent trail and the best hosts (UP Sandstormers).

AjayMike

Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 9, 2003
Hello again,

I sent in my Sandstormer membership form a few days ago. I have a lot of springtime honey-do projects right now but I might be able to manage a Saturday or Sunday to help out if you need some extra hands. I have all Standard Issue Yooper Homestead Equipment such as axe, chain saw and funky 4WD pickup truck.

Looking forward to meeting you folks.

Mike

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
F&S, good to hear you're gonna be back this year. You must have liked what you saw! Don't worry, we didn't show you ALL the good stuff, we've some special new trail that will keep you entertained? Will this be your first event out of "retirement?" -- a Michael Jordon-esque comeback in the works? We appreciate your help on Saturday, we can always use a hand! The MiniMoose is a really fun event!
Ajay, our next meeting is 5/12, 7.00pm at the Sands Twp Hall (two buildings South of the Crossroads Bar, just across from the Blueberry Ski Trail parking lot). It'd be great if you could make it... look for me, I go by Magoo with the club, too. Maybe we could coordinate some riding, trail work, etc. with you.
Smit-Dog, it's really great to hear you're coming up with your son!
Looks like we're almost gonna have us a UP MTR/DRN spodefest that weekend!
Magoo

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Magoo, I had a great time last year.  The MJ comparison is kinda funny.  In 2000 I raced the Alligator and the national enduro in Michigan (first race in 10 years) and I have not raced since.  So, I am coming out of retirement AGAIN to race in Marquette.  It should be fun.  My dad will be traveling across the bridge to "run gas" for FredT, Napper and I.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I'll be there!
Bill are you racing?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
The term "racing" would be an overstatement! Having never done it before, I would just like to finish (and be able to drive home on my own)!

The riding terrain up there is awesome, and the sponsoring club is a class act. Wouldn't want to miss it.

Don - What class are you entering?

Magoo - Any idea on how long the course is?

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
When I "race" just finishing is a bonus!
I would like to say it's for fun but some times I wonder the next day.
I'll be in C senior.

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
Smit-Dog, the Mini Moose will be about 30 miles; a 15 mile loop run twice.
A National has to be 85 actual miles. We have not measured the actual course yet, but we plan on having 85-90 miles. The B and C riders riding for District 14 or 16 points (NOT riding for AMA National Enduro points), will have a somewhat shortened course -- probably about 10 to 15 miles less.
Magoo

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
If I beg and plead with the "boss" to let me take the Suburban, I might try and make it.

CircuitRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2002
Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help in June...

We have a combined sixty Jack Pines and would like to be part of what you're doing also...

Mike Sr and Mike Jr

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I saw Magoo and Mrs. Magoo today at Lansing Cycle (nice surprise).

It was good to talk to you about the race, future trail plans and insurance (what an exciting topic).  A special note to those planning to race on Sunday..preenter to avoid delays.  They are expecting a big turnout and may have 5 riders on each minute.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I have heard that enduro champions from past (Mr. 8X aka DB) and current

(Mr. 5X aka Junior) will be in attendance at the Marquette enduros.

See you there!!

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
fatherandson is in the know! ;)
We're pretty excited to be hosting a National! I think all the riders will "get their money's worth!"
Circuitrider, we can always use a hand! If you (or anyone else not racing) is gonna be in our area any weekend in June or July, contact me at the "info@" email on the upsandstormers site, and I'll hook you up with one of our trail crews. We can always use help de-arrrowing after the race, too.
Magoo

spktm2

Jul 23, 2002
I will be relocating to escanaba from mesa az the second weel in june, I hope to have everthing in order,(including a set of freshly broken ribs)to ride the loose moose enduro although i have no time keeping equipment, I will probably ride senior(46) c class any info i need would be a great help

Thanks
spktm
02 cr450f

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
spktm2, let me know when you are in Esky. I live in Escanaba, so I can help you get hooked up for riding. Info for the Loose Moose can be found at www.upsandstormers.com
See ya in a couple of weeks!
Magoo

spktm2

Jul 23, 2002
Thanks Magoo i will get a hold of you when get up there in june, I found a place to live on some acreage out in cornell for the summer. Any rideing in that area? or fishing if the ribs are not ready!

Thanks
spktm
02 cr450

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I have been talking to SmitDog.  He is planning to ride his first enduro in Marquette.  We have a large group of DRNers at this event (both from Michigan and other states too).

PoeBrian

Oct 10, 2002
Mr. Magoo,
I want very bad to race at the National you guys are putting on in July but my friends are too chicken. However they all loved the trails there when we went 2 years ago. We are going to go there Aug. 1,2,3 to ride and could really use some help finding our way around the trails.
If you know of anyone riding any of those days I would love to get hooked up with them. We are coming from Ohio and I cannot wait.
Maybe some phone no.'s or e-mail or any other suggestions to help us find our way around would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Brian
PoeBrian@aol.com

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
PoeBrian, it's a little early to know who'll be riding those particular dates... ;)
Come on up and ride the Enduro without your chicken friends! :)
Meanwhile, info about some good trails can be found at: UP Trail Info

Magoo

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Less than two weeks to prepare......

Napper and Fred - I heard that Tom Dixon is riding on # 27.  Think we can catch him??

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Originally posted by fatherandson
Napper and Fred - I heard that Tom Dixon is riding on # 27.  Think we can catch him??

HAHAHAHA!!! NEVER!!!!!!!

Okay, well maybe ya will.

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Mechanically= Lets hope so.

Gas tank= 3 gallon, roughly 50 miles with higher rpms, 60 miles at low.

Top Bottom