loose rear caliper

funkengruven99 said:
it appears to be loose at the axle where the whole caliper assembly attaches, Im not really sure if its suppose to be like this to allow adjustments to the chain. I know its suppose to slide on the swing arm bracket but it seems like there is ann 1/8th inch of play up and down. Also i noticed that my brake rotor is warped and is causing it to move when it hits the warped part, Probably loosened it up a little cause of that.....

there is also like a square shaped washer where the axle attaches to the swing arm that is kinda loose, like i can move it around cause the hole is oval shaped not round.....
Most brake calipers float on pins. That's why you see the caliper move when the warped rotor comes around. If the rotor is warped bad enough you will feel the brake peddle pulse. If the brake carrier is moving then the carrier could be worn where it slide on to the swing arm,axle passes through or improper assembly of the rear axle. The brake carrier should never be loose. Once the brake carrier is slid up on the swing arm the carrier will have a little free play but once the axle nut to torqued properly the carrier should not move.

if the rotor is warped it will push the caliper piston back (on a floating caliper design) causing excessive play in the caliper and as you apply the brakes every time the part of the rotor w/ the thickness variation comes around it will push the piston in more and more giving reduced brake performance and causing extended pedal travel -replace rotor-

check the rotor for lateral run out and thickness variation in at least 3 spots