Loretta Lynn - 04/08/05

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I am making plans to go. I've done this ride before, and it is fun.

MY KDX 220 R

Feb 9, 2005
It would be great if the riders of the greater Memphis and surrounding area could get together and meet each other, my son and I rode an area called Sugar Creek, this being my first real ride for along time, we had a blast!!
How many more places like this? I am hoping to make the Memphis Motorcycle club meeting , but I am sure there will be alot of guys that ride around here that will not be at that meeting, but will be at Lorreta's
Is it possible that we could hook - up?

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
I took my boys (6yr old on a JR 50 & 8yr old on a CRF 50) to the hare scramble at Batesville Airport on March 6th. Man, what a GREAT day! Perfect weather. It was thier first ride, other than around the yard, and they both won trophies as all the kids do. Boy are they proud of those! After the race they got to ride all over the place and run the course with all the other PeeWee's, there were about 15 of them all together. Now we want to go to the Slayden Hare Scramble and then to the Loretta Lynn ride if I can swing it with work.
Is there a place to get a room around there? My tired ole back can't take the sleeping bag and tent deal anymore. What's it like? Lots of kids?
We're always looking for places to ride and we're all about hooking up for some trail riding. MMC is probably in our future, but it looks like DNR may have intresting possibilities for Memphis area riders!
BTW we live in Olive Branch.

tennkx

Jan 15, 2005
this is a great ride. If you have never been it is well worth checking out. The trails are awesome and maintained very well. The facilities are nice, clean bathhouse, a few RV hookups and plenty of primitive camping. A few tips: try to get there thursday night and bring everything you need with you. The general store will break your wallet. I would be there but my youngest daughter turns 1 on that saturday and there is no way I would miss that. Enjoy!

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Mark and I will be there. Paddy and MikeB also. I imagine the usual gang of Memphis will also be there. Don't know about Corey, Darby or Lonnie.

MY KDX 220 R

Feb 9, 2005
Oldtimer - have you been to Sugar Creek, near Millington, really nice trails, and an MX track.
I have only been there once for an afternoon and did not have a chance to look around the whole place.
The track is really friendly, I even managed a few laps, my son has a DRZ 125., and has never been out on a free ride area and enjoyed the tack and the trails, I will be going back asap.
There is an entry fee, $10.00 for the day or $15.00 for the weekend. Children under 16 ride free.

MY KDX 220 R

Feb 9, 2005
Sorry - forgot,
OldTimer, there is a Super 8 Motel, and they are offering rooms at$39.00, for a double - menton that you are there fot the riding at Loretta's for the discount. (931 296 2432 )
Registration fee's - adults $35.00, children 12 and under $20.00
Check out www.mtdr.net for more info and registration forms

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
"Sugar Creek". A friend told me there was a nice track in Millington but didn't know the name of it. Now I do. Occasionally we go to "Plum Balistic" in Independance, MS. It's an nice little track, kinda informal. This guy built it out beside his house and keeps it up himself (I guess). It's 1.5 miles long and looks interesting, though I haven't ridden it.

Sounds like we're on for Loretta's. I guess I'd better get busy making reservations from the sounds of things. I'll have to burn some vacation time as I work weekends. Would waiting til Saturday be asking for trouble? I assume they'll be crowded, but as long as we have hotel reservations we shouldn't encounter any problems with a late arrival should we?

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
Hey MrLuckey whats going on buddy ??????????? Ill be at LL again as usual. My 9 year old son is coming with me this time.

So who are all these Memphis guys posting messages out here ???????? Are they members of Memphis Motorcycle Club yet ????????? If not WHY NOT ?????

When are all you Memphis guys goin ? Im not sure when im heading out but im hoping someong Thursday. I think I will be camping on the lower camp ground this time since my son is going we will be closer to the kids loop.

J

mhardee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 17, 2002
I'm probably gonna do a Sunday only- never had problems in the past - maybe a bunch of us "old timers" can get together?

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Mike or Paddy - if you guys check this thread I will be wanting someone to save me a camping spot near you guys. I'll have the truck and trailer and plan to just crash in the trailer.

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
mhardee said:
I'm probably gonna do a Sunday only- never had problems in the past - maybe a bunch of us "old timers" can get together?
Hmmm, with two little ones in tow I'm thinkin' one day might do the trick, especially considering I may have to ride the kiddie trail all day so I can keep an eye on 'em. The thing is, if we go on Saturday there's always the option of an additional day. I'm trying to warm the Mrs. up to the idea of going so she can do a sort of "static line" type thingy with the boys while I go riding.
At any rate, I'm up for runnin' around with some other "vintage" riders.
Look for my Husky to be herding a yellow clad kid on a JR 50 and a red one on a CRF 50. :ride:
In the mean time I'm reachable at: CreagerKP@aol.com :cool:

FAST JACK

Apr 6, 2004
I Live In Olive Branch, Member Of Mmc And Plan On Going To Loretta's, Maybe I Can Let You In On A Few Good Riding Areas We Have Avaible.

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
EVERYONE knows who FAST JACK is or atleast knows OF YOU..

J

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Details here: http://www.mtdr.net

This is a trail ride on the trail system that is on the ranch property. They have hosted National Hare Scrambles and GNCC races at the ranch for years. I first raced there back in '92. A few years ago, some of the Tennessee clubs started organizing trail rides there. The land is all private and only open via these organized trail rides.

MY KDX 220 R

Feb 9, 2005
FAST JACK, I am hoping to join Mmc. but will not have an opportunity before Loretta's.
I am lalways looking for nearby places to ride, both my son and I.
Hope to meet you at Loretta's. - And have a vote for the club -

MY KDX 220 R

Feb 9, 2005
Does any body know if there are going to be vendors at Loretta's - for gear, accessories etc?

ddzmcc

Jul 16, 2004
At the fall ride, there were a couple of acces. vendors and KTM and GASGAS were there with test rides.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
MrLuckey said:
Mark and I will be there. Paddy and MikeB also. I imagine the usual gang of Memphis will also be there. Don't know about Corey, Darby or Lonnie.

We're planning on it! Hopefully it will be myself, Dad, Darby, Jamie, Little Spew, Darby's brother, Cotton, and Spencer. I'm hoping to ride Friday and Sat. If there is some open trialer or camper space, we may stay the night. If not, we'll just drive home and come back in the morning.

Sep 2, 2004
There will be venors there. There are over 25 miles of trails for everyone from beginner to expert. And a BBQ banquet Sat. night. See everyone there!

CR307

Apr 12, 2001
Ll's

No offense to the ATV guys, but this use to be the best ride of the year for bikes because they made it single track. But will still be awesome weekend!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…