Loretta Lynn - 04/08/05

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Only 3 more days until we head out for the ranch.

1. Gotta prep bikes tonight
2. Grocery shop tomorrow night
3. Pack campging gear on Wed night
4. Leave after work on Thursday night.

See ya there!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Tim, it will be good to see you again! It's been a while. We'll be there either Thursday night or Friday morning.

MY KDX 220 R

Feb 9, 2005
Yep, just finished the KDX, need to do the DRZ 125 tomorrow, and get all the goodies needed for a trip to the Ranch.
Does any body have pic's of previouse events, and posibly give us first timers a heads - up as to what we can expect, eg; I am staying at one of the hotels, what are the parking arrangements, best place to park, where to meet, who to see,etc,etc,etc.
The family is getting all excited and aking the questions I have no answers to.
I drove around the facility about a month-ago and it sure looks like the kind of place we belong !!!
Heads up - thanks.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Cal,

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. We'll have a great time.

My KDX 220 R, sorry no pictures, but I did write this report from this event a couple of years ago. Should tell you what to expect. Come look us up and say hi.

http://sera.dirtrider.net/LorretaLynns.html

showard

Dec 5, 2003
Hey MY KDX 220 R, met you at Getwell and 240 last weekend. I had the KDX200. Look forward to seeing you at Loretta Lynns this weekend...Scott

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
One more day and im heading to LL

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
We need to figure out a meeting point at Loretta's for the Memphis contingency. Never having been there, I couldn't imagine where that might be.

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
Well usually most the memphis guys get RV camp sites on the upper camp ground across from the store or close to the store. Since im bringing my youngest son I will be camping on the lower camp ground near the kids riding area

mwmg416

Mar 13, 2005
Oldtimer.
take I-40 east to exit 143 than north a few miles, LLs is on left. you will see the sign just follow road up to parking area.

MY KDX 220 R

Feb 9, 2005
Where are we going to meet? Where are we going to meet? Would be good to have a Memphis meeting to get together and discover all the good riding area's that we all know and willing to share with fellow DRN Memphis riders.
See you there.

MY KDX 220 R

Feb 9, 2005
Hi Scott,
Good to see you on DRN hope we can meet up at LL's and share in the good times.
Getwell really is a last resort for a few hours in the dirt and steadily became unbearable (no disrespect) as the 4 wheelers got on the scene and made life miserable and unsafe for the jr's amoung us.
Getting all worked up and will see you s.a.p.
Rod.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Bikes ready. Gear packed. We'll be ready to roll tomorrow after work!

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
jcramin said:
Since im bringing my youngest son I will be camping on the lower camp ground near the kids riding area
I'll have an 8 yr old and an almost 6 yr old in tow. Since thier Daddy(me) is a wuss, we'll be staying at the Super8. I'm kinda worried about just how much we will be able do since I don't forsee being able to get off the bunny trails much. I picture a scene of like a great big cattle drive or something and me and the boys being stuck there on one of those little pony rides where they're all tied on the little carrousel, round and round, with my Husky tugging on the reins the whole time!
Don't get me wrong though, I'd rather be doing that than staying home and cleaning out the gutters. As a matter of fact it would probably be the safest thing for yours truly. That Husky is an absolute monster!

Okay, now I've got two questions:
1. Can I load the bikes on an open trailer and still expect to see them when we get up in the morning? Is there safe parking?
B. Do the trails really close at 3:00 pm?

I've gotta get busy, the van doesn't even have a trailer hitch yet! Oh yeah, look for us in a silver Astro Van with either an open trailer or a friggin' U-haul!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
There will be plenty of kids riding on the kids loop and beginners on the beginner loop. But the cattle drive and the pony ride is a good comparison... :laugh:

Yes the bikes are safe. No worries at all.

Yes, at 3:00 the people working the trail head, close the trail and will not let anyone in except for a few workers who run a "sweep" loop.

CR307

Apr 12, 2001
safe

The parking lots will be nothing but bikes in the back of trucks, on trailers, and in trailers. Never had any problems with anything missing.
This is far better than gutter cleaning.
See everyone there and have a safe trip coming and going!

MY KDX 220 R

Feb 9, 2005
What a great week-end!
Many thanks to all at MTDR!
I know that many of us have pic's to share and stories to tell, just gotta finish cleaning out the trailer, bikes done, get all the gear together and have the garage in some form of order.
Once darling wife is happy all chores are done I will try and post some pics and the tales to follow.
Thanks to every one who attended and made for a great week end.

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
It was an AWSOME weekend and who woulda guessed a unopen can of beer would explode like that in a fire ?

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
My boys had a GREAT time, so that means I did too. Unfortunately, I spent the whole time sitting on the fence at the kiddie corral. Other than a couple of laps around the kids track, I may as well have just packed in a lounge chair. Next time, I'm dragging mama along so I can go ride above first gear whilst she tends the little ones.
The trip is also going to end up costing me a lot more money than I had expected as I came to the conclusion that it's time to get a bigger bike for my 8yr old. He looked a little like Cousin Ebb out there toolin' around on his CRF50 (I'm already blackmailing him about his report card). Some of those kids were riding bikes so big that they could barely reach the pegs. One kid literally had to use a tree to get on and off!
Can't wait til next time! Oh yeah... when is next time???

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…