jimacton

Nov 22, 2003
Hey guys. I'm new to dirt biking and have heard people mention the Loretta Lynn but I have no idea what it is. Can someone explain it to me?
thanks

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Is this open to anyone? Are there classes for kids on 65's? Iv'e seen that course on TV and it looks awesome.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Thanks, Tim,

Connor isn't ready for the nationals (or the locals for that matter) but I've always have heard about Loretta Lynn's being such a great place to ride, especially for kids. I thought that this event might be a good way to let him see/ride it.

Maxed Out501

Apr 6, 2002
All ages are welcome. There is a beginners loop which is basically a grass track. Then there is a novice loop which can range anywhere between 3 to 4 miles long. Then the main loop we try to make around 20 miles long, depending on conditions. This ride is for bikes only no atvs are allowed. Keep an eye on www.mtdr.net for more info.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
You welcome Gary.  This is one of the premier trailrides in the southeast.   It's like a mini-DW jammed into 3 days.  If it's not too far, it's well worth the trip.

ScottZX7RR

Sep 11, 1999
Personally I think it is much better than DW's myself. I have been to all the LL Fall Rides and one Spring Ride. The atmosphere is great there. Jack, Tom, Bill, and some of the others that put together the trails are great guys that put a lot of love and dedication into them. Tom(Current President) spends about 3/4 the year there working on the courses. Heck this year he was even there on his wedding anniversary finalizing the event specs for the fall ride. Can you ask for more dedication than that? It is a must do event every year!

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
Agent orange your welcome to jump in with me the only way I go is in the motorhome. I usually get to clear the trails for a few weekends before the ride and Im gonna try and make an early run on friday probly.
that is if there is still a ride.
I understand that the vsta organizations plans didnt go through (the gov't) and that there is no longer a vsta. Ill find out if another club is going to resurrect LL so that we can all come and enjoy ourselves for a few days a year. LL is all single track during the spring and you would not think that it is the same place that we get to haul ass around during the fall. its 4th and 5th for the fall and 1st and 2nd for the spring. this one is not for the kids. I dont remember a kids loop for this one. 24 miles of virgin single track every spring is hard on this terd. 2 loops a day is hard core. you shall see.

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
never mind mtdr is our savior for april 3,4
agent orange I ll be there on the 2nd.
I will warn you thou Its single track only!! b ready for some fun:( )
(at least the crashes will happen at a slower pace) Im hoping.

paddy

~SPONSOR~
Oct 7, 2002
One more????????? Hey Al it is like Jello ( a analogy you will relate too!!!) there's always room for more!!!!!! Hope yopu can make it.

Paddy

deagle

May 21, 2001
It is a correct statement that the Spring ride is put on by MTDR and we were backed by VSTA. Having said that, don't worry, the Spring ride is not in jepordy and it's doubtful there will be any problems with the Fall ride. Things have a way of working out if ya wanna ride bad enough. I agree that the main loop is not for small kids with small tires, heck, there are times when I wish I would have hit the last 911 exit, but the other trails and entire weekend in general are great for kids and family alike. Keep looking on the MTDR website for specific info and registration forms. The hotels in the area usually give a discount for that weekend as well.

mudchick

Mar 18, 2003
There is a kids loop and a 3 mile novice loop that has been, and will be available to the younger and beginning riders. No club membership will be required to ride. Everyone on two wheels is welcome! Look forward to seeing you all there!

Slomack

Oct 27, 2003
LL Spring ride WOO HOO! Looking forward to hitting the trails again. RAH RAH, Paddy, Mike, Mr Luckey and J, good trails, good fire, serious s*%! talkin, and lots of coolers to choose from!!

By the way Paddy and Mike, where the hell have you guys been?

Top Bottom