jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
Loretta Lynn's Fall Ride described in 3 words

SORE
TIRED
AWSOME

I went thursday afternoon to see if I could help in anyway, since I am a VSTA and a MMC (Memphis Motorcycle Club) member.

Thursday - I set up my tent and my campsite and preped my bike. Friday - I RODE. Saturday - after friday nights rain it was SLICK and MUDDY and FUN. By Saturday afternoon the trails where AWSOME. By dinner time Saturday night the rider count was 855. Sunday - Too tired and sore I packed up and went home, but it was AWSOME.

J

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Amen to that! There were ALOT of people! We got there at 8:00 Sat. morning and I didn't know if we could find anywhere to park. Great trails! By the afternoon, I was flat worn out. Can't wait for the spring ride! :thumb:

2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
AWESOME is the word! :worship: Last official count that I heard was 920 wristbands as of the 1st riders meeting Sunday morning. The weather was great. The Friday night rains made the first lap on Sat. slick and fun but by the second lap, it was perfect. I don't know what the LL Ranch people were thinking when they tried to have a Halloween Dance Friday night :silly: Hopefully they figured out that dirtbike riders go to bed early when they're riding the next day :think: The worst part of the whole weekend was listening to 'Bama put a woopin' on the Vols Sat. evening after the banquet. :(

tomthumb

Apr 12, 2000
Glad to hear all of you had a great time :thumb: . The official count was 995 riders not counting my dedicated 70 workers. If any of you have pics you would like to share, please send them to vstanet@vstarider.com

And yes, the dance was the ranch’s (bad) idea :eek: .

See you on the trails

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
VSTA always puts on a first class ride!

I'm sorry that we could not make it this year. We have gone to all of the other LL rides. Last April the single track was the best. :thumb:

I am probably finished riding for the season - Doctor prescribed physical thearapy today for my back. :whiner:

btw: the best part of Saturday for me was OSU beating PSU and the Tide rolling over the Vols! :moon:

See ya'll in April (if there is an April ride - if not next October then).

Ford-PSD

Uhhh...
Oct 22, 2002
This was the largest KTM convention ride that I have ever been on. It was mind blowing. I would estimate 1/2 the people owned KTM's.

Everything was perfect and the people that put the ride on needs a big round of applause. Thanks for such a perfect weekend ride.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
A quick question.

If I understand correctly, there are only about 25 miles of trail to ride on. If that many riders show up then aren't the trails just a mite crowded?
Not knocking the event, just wondering.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
That is something that amazes me every year. The trails aren't very crowded at all. It doesn't make sense to me either. But it is awesome! :aj:

NC TTR-250

Sep 1, 2002
This was my first LL ride, and I have to say, WOW! We drove 8 hours and got in at 4 am friday morning. got 4 hours of sleep and hit the first meeting on friday and went right out. The trails kicked butt. We rode all three days and, and I have to say for as many prople as there were, there was tons of open riding. There was a 3 and 16 mile track, which both rocked. The hill climbs were the best. They reversed the directios of the trails on Saturday, which felt like an entirly different trail. I am now a firm beliver in an electric start. One off camber root infested hill will make a beliver in anyone! Thanks to VSTA and all off the hard work they put in. :worship:

4banger

Jul 2, 2000
I rode saturday for 2 loops. One quick loop on the main trail and one on the main trail with the advanced sections. The trail was awesome and I had a blast. They had demo rides there and I rode a cannondale bike and a quad for at least 15 minutes each. They also had revloc demo bikes, tons of vendors, industry guys, etc. They gave out tons of free stuff, auctioned off some cool autographed stuff from the pro's, had group rides for different groups and the ladies. All in all, this is the best ride in the south. If you missed it, you REALLY missed it. Look for info on the spring ride in the next few months.

Top Bottom