Loretta's

CR307

Apr 12, 2001
With October Right Around The Corner, I Cannot Believe The Topic Is Not Going Yet!

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
Ive been waiting for someone to start this one.

Im going. Ill be headed there from Memphis that Thursday morning before the ride.

J

CR307

Apr 12, 2001
I Know

I Will Be Heading Out Thursday Evening To Get That Friday Ride In. Always The Best With The Virgin Trail. I Will Be Coming From Middle Tn.

robrm250

Sponsoring Member
May 5, 2002
I have been keeping quiet so the 4 wheelers might not here about it.We will be there friday night,haven't missed one yet and this last spring ride was probably the best yet.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I'm out of vacation time, so I'll hopefully be there Friday night (if I can bum another bed from Mike or John) and ride Saturday. :ride:

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
Is Loretta Lynn's diein now that VSTA is gone ? this is still gona be an awsome ride . noone else from here going ???????????

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
It isn't dieing. If anything, I think it will get bigger for the fact that you don't have to be a member of a club to ride there now.

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
I hope so, this is my favorite ride..... AWSOME trails, great people....

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Jay, have you been to the fall ride? It's different from the spring ride. It's ATVs and bikes. Well over 1000 in attendance. And the trails are 2 track with bike only sections. Much faster paced than the spring ride.

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
O YEA ive been to both Fall and Spring the last few years. Infact I was at last years fall ride when it rained and I was camping in a tent and got all wet. Thats when I swore I wouldnt go back without a trailer to sleep in LOL.

J

CR307

Apr 12, 2001
I enjoy camping at the Holiday Inn myself. I hope this ride never dies as well, by far the best rides of the year!!

tomthumb

Apr 12, 2000
Hey guy’s glad to here you're coming to the ride. I was ride master the last few years at the fall ride for VSTA and did the first couple of Spring Rides for MTDR. I also laid out the trials at last year's for MTDR ride.

I am now doing the fall ride with VSTA’s blessing under my own promotion company “Southern Woods Rider”

You can find SWR on the web at www.southernwoodsrider.com

See you next week! :cool:

Tom Stotler

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Thanks for keeping the LL rides alive Tom! :cool:

How did the DS ride go last weekend? A couple of my buddies went down for it. Haven't had a chance to ask them about it...

tomthumb

Apr 12, 2000
I had small but mighty crowd, I guess you could say I had a might small crowd.

Where buds traveling with Shane?

The ride was very scenic and lots of low water creek crossings. Saturdays loop including the trails on the ranch was 160 miles.

It was a little dusty and most commented they had a great time.

We have over 400 pre-entries today for the fall ride. This is more than any other year. I doubled the mailing this year and we could see as many as 1200+ riders.

Tom

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
IM a pre-entry I sent my 35 bucks in last week. I live for these 2 rides every year and this time im riding a REAL bike so i cant wait to play with adults this time LOL

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Nah, weren't with Shane. You remember Darby or Jamie? They were on a little XT200 or and Super sherpa 250 bikes.

I farted around and didn't get my registr. sent in on time. Guess I'll be registering Saturday morning... Hopefully the lines won't be unbearable.

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
I heard a nasty rumor today from a sales man at a bike shop who said he heard Loretta Lynn's may be closing. Now he heard it from someone else so im hearing it atleast 3rd hand so dont kill the messanger here. Its just what I heard....

J

tomthumb

Apr 12, 2000
To the best of my knowledge that’s a bunch of crap. They are investing money every week into the campground. The state is widening Hwy. 13 and the ranch just paid to have the office building moved across the street make way for the new roadway.

Send me his contact information I would love to know were he’s getting his information.

Thanks,

Tom

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
Well im glad they are investing into the place. I LOVE the rides I plan for these two rides and put my vacation time in a year ahead of time to make sure I get these days off.
You cant ask for a better ride or a better group of people. And Tom you have done an amazing job with these rides.

J

tomthumb

Apr 12, 2000
Cal,

I know who your speaking about. They had a great time on thier (new) DS bikes. They even rode the trails and all the single track sections on them.

Tom

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
tomthumb said:
Cal,

I know who your speaking about. They had a great time on thier (new) DS bikes. They even rode the trails and all the single track sections on them.

Tom

They'll try just about anything. Heck, Darby rode the Super Sherpa home from Wisconsin, non stop. Took him 11 or 12 hours! :aj:

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
I got my call Yesterday that my Pre-Registration has been receieved.

J

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
Isn't it about time we wake this topic again? Anyone know anything about the trails? How long? Any single track?

yam 3

May 19, 2000
CR307 said:
I Will Be Heading Out Thursday Evening To Get That Friday Ride In. Always The Best With The Virgin Trail. I Will Be Coming From Middle Tn.

I also live in middle tn, I have 3x on my bike If you see me stop and holler........ :) . I'll be up on Saturday...first woods ride on the 05 yz250

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…