the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I'm looking to ride the forest trails this Sunday. Anyone up for a loop?

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
YES, yes! I have not ridden in a couple months and it is ridiculous. I wqas supposed to go to KM or Cal City for some riding last week but we wound up at the beach all week. I'm down to ride and I won't flake this time bro! I swear! I'm in!

Sunday Los Padres, I can't wait!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
( : Great.

Saturday or Sunday ? And what time ? I'm clear both days.

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
Shoot, we could roll Saturday. Does anyone know what time that shop in Frazier Park opens? If it is early enough I might drop in and get a tire put on. Maybe I can try to get 'er put on during the week locally.

Has anyone ridden Piru Creek and / or Snowy recently? I haven't been out there since last year.

Eel, what time where you thinking? I am open to any ideas as long as we are not doing a 7:15AM "be on the bike" mission, even if I agreed I would totally blow it!

bobbyhill925

Aug 28, 2005
KX2fitty said:
Shoot, we could roll Saturday. Does anyone know what time that shop in Frazier Park opens? If it is early enough I might drop in and get a tire put on. Maybe I can try to get 'er put on during the week locally.

Has anyone ridden Piru Creek and / or Snowy recently? I haven't been out there since last year.

Eel, what time where you thinking? I am open to any ideas as long as we are not doing a 7:15AM "be on the bike" mission, even if I agreed I would totally blow it!

Hang time opens at nine.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
KX - we're definitely on for this weekend. But could we do Sunday instead?

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
Eel, Sunday it is. I need to throw a tire on so I might try to do that Saturday.

Where do you want to stage from, the front lot or like Sterling or something?

Do you want to do Snowy? For me, depending on the heat I might want to pass on Snowy. I dig the trail and am down but when it gets real hot the descent, crossing and rise up the other side of the creek can be a lot of sweating!

Piru Creek isn't as bad but very fun and there are a ton of other trails too. If you are dead set on Snowy and it is not going to be 100+ out there we'll hit it.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Cool. We're on then for Sunday. Would 9 AM-ish be OK ? If you can't get to your tire on just bring it Sunday and we should be able to take care of it pretty quickly.

I think Snowy is still closed due to downed trees and you're right on about the heat. Piru is open, as is everything else, so we can easily put together a great loop up there without Snowy.

I usually like to stage at King's Campground back on Goldhill Road. It's basically between Piru's entrance and Goldhill's entrance so you can enjoy both.

Lemme think about whewre to meet .. I'll post it up tonite or tomorrow.

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
Cool, I'll try my best to get that front tire on so we don't have to waste 20 minutes messing with it. The reason I haven't ridden in a couple months is because last time I was riding I had the new rear put on but didn't have time that morning to put the front on and I wound up having a bad washout at speed, separating my shoulder. If I had the new tire on the bike and not in the back of the truck I think I would have avoided that whole situation. Shyte happens.

I'm down to stage at King's, that sounds great and 9:00AM is perfect.

I'll be checking around here for posts and see what is going on. I'm definitely looking forward to this Sunday!

Eel, remember that time we had the flat out in the desert? That was a bitch!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I remember it well - hard to forget!
See you at 9 AM Sunday at King's.
I have a red Toyota Tacoma.
Looking forward to it.

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
Sounds great. I'll see you there.

We might need those tire irons you have!

I'm in a blue Tundra DC with a moto-tote.

I already gave away my Angels tickets for Sunday, gotta ride!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
gave away angels tix to ride with me in 100 weather ? you're a madman.
see u there and I i'll bring the hefty tire irons.

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
It might be my last chance! Awe, I have season seats (1/2 season) so I get over there often enough. I have been dreaming of LPNF for too long and it is way overdue! See ya Sunday.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
KX - sorry we missed each other. I saw your note - hope the hand is OK.

I was actually 40 minutes late so I figured you had already come and gone. I wound up riding with two guys from Frazier Park (Richard and Pete) who were originally planning to ride Snowy. Since it was closed, I offered to take them on a nice forest loop instead.

We did 50. Piru, Lockwood, lower part of Yellowjacket and then back, rest of Lockwood, Long Dave, Tejon, What A, Frazier fire road, Arrastra, Tejon, Goldhill. We had some gas issues which made it more interesting. Richard was on a KTM 200 exc and ran out of gas after only 35 miles!

The weather wasn't too bad - it was a bit breezy which was nice. It was a good day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom