riggermode

Aug 25, 2008
hey guys i have a 1990 yz 125 and im losing anti freeze i can smell it pretty strong when the bike is running i looked at the spark plug it looked wet but clean
it also leeks some oil around the base gasket is this normal plus when i changed the tranny oil it was milky any ideas
or do i need to reseal the engine head gesket and base gasket?
thanks for any suggestens

Tom68

Oct 1, 2007
Sounds bad but, the first thing you should do is a cooling system pressure check. If you dont have the gear and you have a recovery cap you can cut the valve stem off an old tube and stick it in the overflow hose and give it a couple of pumps with a bike pump, check it an hour later to see if it still has pressure by undoing the cap. If it has no pressure look for the leak. Do that cold so temp doesn't change pressure. Unless you have a recovery bottle the system will blow off water as it expands and cool to a level below full.As for oil leaks give the engine a thorough degrease and confirm absolutely where its coming from, pipe connection and powervalve are two other possibilities.

Blink-182

Feb 2, 2008
if the oil is milky its likely that your water pump seals have gone out, and if i was to get a new head gasket and gaskets i would put a new topend in there also

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom