bikermiked

Jan 29, 2001
Help, My pilot jet, spring, washer, and o ring fell out. I have tried everwhere for a replacement. Was told a FZR 1000 is the same carb. If anyone has any info on how I can get one sooooon, please help.

Mike
WR250F
KTM 300

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You can order it from any Yamaha dealer, cost is $27.00. In the meantime you can plug the fuel screw tunnel/hole in the carb and the bike will still run fairly well, but it's a bit tough to start when hot.

The same thing happened tp Pokie's YZF250 so you're not alone.

bikermiked

Jan 29, 2001
Contacted three dealers, no part number. Finally got a hold of my dealer, he said that it was back ordered, so he contacted yamaha, they thought that it MIGHT be shipped in April. Well, not a good answer, hence my help plea and it still stands.
Thanks Rich more suggestions??? But I will try the plug idea-better than the alternative.
Miked

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Try Sudco or carb Parts warehouse. Both companies stock Keihn FCR parts

Ando

Apr 5, 2000
What I think you are refering to is the pilot screw set not the actual pilot jet itself. This is basically the idle mixture screw, and it should be available from any Yamaha dealer.

part # 5NL-14105-00-00

When Yamaha back orders a part it usually stays that way for only a short period of time(~1 to 2 weeks), so if you want it then order it, because not too many dealers are going to stock a part like this. This is a brand new part number as seen by the 5NL prefix meaning YZ250F, so I don't know if Sudco will have this one yet.

Top Bottom