RECENT POSTS

Lost Trails ATV park on 7/5 or 6 (PA)

RM_guy

Moderator /
Damn Yankees
I plan on checking this place out next Thursday or Friday. Anyone interested in meeting me there? Scooter has been there and gives it a thumbs up. Here’s the website http://www.ridelosttrails.com/

Your bike needs liability insurance and a quiet muffler. I just insured my bike (comp and liability) for $56 ($100 deductable)so it’s not bad.

RM_guy

Moderator /
Damn Yankees
Oops! Looks like they are only open Saturday and Sunday for now. I'll have to check to see if they will be open for the holiday week, otherwise this is a bust!!! :(

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
Well since we're doing Pittsfield the weekend after we're out for this one...

RM_guy

Moderator /
Damn Yankees
It looks like they WILL be open for next week but I will get final confirmation this weekend.

Anyone interested besides Scooter?

I might be up for it but will have to let you know later in the week, right now I'm short handed in the shop with guys on summer vacation. Can anyone tell me why I never seem to get one of those, seems like I'm doing something wrong around here. I'll be riding TC this weekend if you guys want to join me. Dan what's the topography like there? Any challenging stuff or just easy family type trails. I only ask cause I see their offering rentals and usually when that happens they have limited trails to cut down on liability.

RM_guy

Moderator /
Damn Yankees
Here's a quote from Dan on the current trails at Lost Trails:
"You will definitely be able to cover the whole park in a day, but they are fun trails. just to give you an idea, the trails are rated more towards the inexperienced rider, most of the blue trails, would have been a green3 or maybe green 2 at Paragon, and the red trails might have been a blue1. there are a few challenges, but nothing real aggressive like Paragon or Tower City. Its more family oriented."
I want to check it out even though it might not be super challenging right now. It is so much closer for me to drive to and I hope for it to become more technical as time goes on. They are still developing the place.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
As of now he doens't plan on making on making any more technical trails. He wants to keep it more family oriented, and for beginners. There is the possibility of 2 other parks opening in the poconos by the fall, If Paragon opens there, I'm sure it will be more challanging, and the other park rummored to be opening in the area, claims to have 3 motocross tracks, and a couple hundred miles of trail.

RM_guy

Moderator /
Damn Yankees
:cool:
Dan, Lost Trail's waiver says your bike not only needs insurance but has to be registered too. I can't register my bike and asked Tony if I'll be OK (I have insurance). Is your bike registered?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
no you dont need registration, it is recommended, but you dont have to have it. Paragon had that in their waiver too. It is to protect themselves.

Did Tony answer your last PM yet?

I thought only atv's need insurance in PA. b/c they also need to registered with DCNR.
These are the same rules as tower city.... I'm going up to lake wallenpaupack tomorrow ands was thinking about bringing my girl and a few bikes, Maybe i'll stop in and check it out. ...

Last edited:

RM_guy

Moderator /
Damn Yankees
scooter1130 said:
...Did Tony answer your last PM yet?
Yes. He is pretty confident about being open during the week next week but will know for sure by this weekend.

I was talking to Gordon and he may show up Friday. Is Friday good for you?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
letsride24-7 said:
I thought only atv's need insurance in PA.
This park is privately run, not state run, and they do require insurance on bikes.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
RM_guy said:
Yes. He is pretty confident about being open during the week next week but will know for sure by this weekend.

I was talking to Gordon and he may show up Friday. Is Friday good for you?
Friday is fine with me

scooter1130 said:
no you dont need registration, it is recommended, but you dont have to have it. Paragon had that in their waiver too. It is to protect themselves.

Did Tony answer your last PM yet?
I'm from PA and every tag service i call say they don't register off road dirt bikes? Since they are not designed for the road.. And my insurance company says they only do ATV's not dirt bikes?? What the Heck!! I can race my bike but not ride here?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
I know a lot of places wont insure dirtbikes, but unfortunately, the park requires it. in Pa and NJ you can get insurance from Rider
And to run Enduros, you need to be registered and insured, so I'm sure there are others that offer it too.