BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Well, earlier in the week my dad came down ill. At first we thought it was just a bad stomach bug. Tuesday nite was a long one with 103+ fever and chills. Wednesday I took him to the Dr. and there was some concern with pain he was having in his left leg. That afternoon a test was performed to see if he might have a clot. The test showed nothing but he continued to be quite ill.
He stayed at my brother's in Tulsa Wednesday nite and my sister-in-law took him for a test at 8 am to check his gawl(sp?) bladder. Again no indications from the test to explain the illness. Over nite, his left leg began swelling and as soon as the Dr. could be reached, he was off to the ER.
The ER was expecting him and they got to knocking theie heads together pretty much from the get-go. He was admitted and given IV anitbotics and fluids. By afternoon, he was looking and sounding better but they were still concerned so he stayed Friday nite and again Saturday nite. This afternoon the Doc's concluded that he has low oxygen delivery in his blood, Ascymia(sp?) and his kidneys were not working quite as good as they should. So his in for a day or two more. This Ascymia can lead to amputation of the extremeties or death but they said we caught it really early and there should be a full recovery.
Due to a previous bypass surgery, the vein in his left leg is suspect to having a problem and a surgery may have to take place if the oxygen delivery to the leg doesn't improve.
For those of you that know my dad you know how he loves Blue Grass music. The "Woodstock" of blue grass is 8 days away in Winfield, KS. My cousin is planning to take him and keep an eye on him.
I apologize to Zerotact for not calling but I really had my hands full with this and my work which has just been phenomenal. I may try to take the first week of October off and go to Colorado. If anyone has vacation time and would like to make some plans let me know.
The family is concerned but we feel that the situation is under control and treatable. Concerned but not worried.

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Hope he recovers quickly!
Three years ago my father in law had surgery for a blockage in his colon. That first surgery went well, but they put in a colostomy. When they went to reverse it a couple of months later, he awoke complaining his leg hurt. They said it was just a pinched nerve from lying on his back so long. After two days of pain and a foot that was continuing to turn purple, they finally brought in an expert. By then it was too late. A clot had cut off the circulation to his lower leg and they had to amputate.
Make sure you keep on top of it, but it sounds like he is in the clear....
SusanE

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
craig_enid said:
All our prayers to your Dad and family.
Get well soon!

Agreed.

Family is more important than riding. Unfortunately it not always as fun.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
My prayers to out to your Pop, and your family.

Let Jesse know we are thinking about him, and wish him a speedy recovery.
I think some Bill Monroe and Earl Scruggs will be just the ticket!

Let us know if there is anything at all we can do, Brian.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Jesse is one of the good ones Brian, please keep us up to date. My clan will for sure keep him in our thoughts and here's to a speedy and complete recovery!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Update:
My dad was released yesterday afternoon. They will be watching(testing) is progress closely. They are trying to find the right antibiatic to fight an MRSA, which is one of those resistant bacteria. The outlook is good and we are happy to see him feeling better. He'll miss the "land run" at Winfield but I'm sure he will get there and have a great time.
BTW, he missed not having Dirtweek again!

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Brian,
Hows your Dad doing after being home for a few days?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sawblade said:
Brian,
Hows your Dad doing after being home for a few days?
Blue Grassn' in Winfield, KS. I'll check in with hime tonight. All in all he's doing better than expected.

Top Bottom