Lots of Fuel Leaking from float bowl tube whenever gas is turned on

May 26, 2006
Hi -

I removed the carb today to change the jets (only main and pilot so far). I reassembled the carb and put it back in and now Fuel is leaking out of the float bowl tube whenever I turn the gas on!! Te bike is on a stand, and straight up. Any thoughts on what I might have done? Could the float be out of wack? I am goiing to be replacing the needle jet next weekend, so I will have to remove the carb again to do that (Thanks to justkdx for helping me with all the info). What should I look for when I'm back in the carb?

Thanks!

May 26, 2006
Ha, just saw the post below about the same problem. I'll try checking the needle valve, and also seeing if the the floats are paralell.

Thanks!

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
ColoradoKDX220 said:
Ha, just saw the post below about the same problem. I'll try checking the needle valve, and also seeing if the the floats are paralell.

Thanks!
Check the pin that holds the float and fuel valve assembly together

Dakota Kid

Jun 3, 2006
Leaking Carb

I am an ex bike mechanic. I would check the float needle and seat. It sounds like that if you just had it apart, something might have happened here. The floats push the needle against the seat to stop the flow of fuel when the level is right. It is poosible that the needle came out, got stuck in open position, float arm pin came out or the arm got bent allowing more fuel in the bowl than necessary. Check these things as they relate to the needle and seat in the float bowl of the carburator. You should find the problem.

Crunch

Feb 9, 2004
Same thing just recently happened to me. When I went in and checked the carb again I discovered that my float arm pin was missing. Must have fallen out when I cleaned it last. Also, it dosn't take much, just a little speck of dirt and fuel may leak. May want to clean it again with carb cleaner.

Top Bottom