FarmRider06

Oct 18, 2006
Hello everyone, I just got a account today because i have been doing lots of research on what i can do to my 92 XR250L.

My Plans that I need advice on if they work or if I should choose another set up.

What I have:
Stock engine with k&n air filter snorkel remove, aftermarket header with cobra muffler.

What I want:
XR280 Kit
XR250R Carb
MX fenders
Inverted forks (what would fit?)

Questions:
I think i will need to replace most of, not all of my valve train and i want to know if XR250R parts work for the XR250L. also i want mid to high end power so should i go high compression or stock? high rev cam? kibble white valves? port polish job? do i need to lighten the flywheel? what all should be done to make this bike scream? thanks for helping!

ZeCatfish

Mar 25, 2005
I'd go with the 280 kit. High po cam, lighten the flywheel, add a free flowing exhaust. Also you'll want to get the head ported for more air flow. Hot rodders don't need 4 valves to make HP.

TORNADO RIDER

Oct 28, 2006
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the XR250L and the R version? I kinda think the R stands for off road, but what the L? Is it the opposite?

R.

cptarmy2002

Dec 3, 2005
The L is the enduro street legal version...it's jetted leaner and has a cooler spark plug than the R versions and some extra emmisions crap that's easily removed - The tires on the originals are dual sports use so I'd get rid of them if you want to do more aggressive offroad riding...

Other than that it's essentially the same bike...Good luck with it...they are great bikes...

Top Bottom