Lou/everyone - Secret Santa again??

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
If I remember right - Lou pulled together a DRN Secret Santa deal last Christmas and it was a lot of fun. Lou - any thoughts of doing it again?

If so - you can count me in again! :thumb:

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I'd like to get in on this also if it goes :)

B

biglou

Sure! That was a lot of fun last year. I can't believe it's that time again already. Let's see, if you want to play, send me an email with your screen name, real name, shipping address, bike(s) owned, and any suggestions for gift ideas for yourself. Also, be sure to put "Secret Santa" in the subject line so I can pick it out of the hundreds of amazing online deals on "V l@*gra" that I seem to get every day! :laugh:

Email me at home, biglou@dirtrider.net or at work, lholt@ff-corp.com

Deadline for entry: Thanksgiving weekend. I'll pass out your assigned person to buy for Monday morning following.

Sound cool?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Cool Lou!! You just gave me an idea of what to get you :confused: How much are we looking to spend? I can't remember if we said $20 or $30 last year?

B

biglou

Yeah, $20-30 tops, or whatever is good for the buyer. It's the thought that counts! Also, this year, I will keep the master list of participants secret. So, hoprfully, you won't know who is buying your gift!

Absolute deadline for entry is the Monday after Thanksgiving at 6:00 AM!!!
That's when I email/PM you all who you are buying for.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Oh, the weather outside is dicey,
and inside the chili oh so spicy,
With the clouds hanging low,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

With ridin' for the year stoppin',
And my 2 stroke done spoogin' and poppin'
Havin' just bagged a deer with a bow,

And my gear such a sight,
How I'll enjoy shoppin' a storm;
And if you'll get the light,
I'll snuggle with a catalog gettin' warm.

My boots all summer were slowly dying,
And I need to say their good-bye-ing,
Oh but I hate to let them go,

Uhhhhh ... I'll send my info!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by BigLou
lol, maybe we should rename this "Not-So-Secret Santa"?! :laugh:

What, you think we should read the instructions?!?!?!?!?!?! :laugh:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
How about for us cheap scrooge-like bastages we keep the price down a little bit maybe 10-20$ tops. Remember that old line, " It's the thought that counts"?

B

biglou

Yeah, it's definitely the thought that counts. $20-30 would be the upper limit, not the lower limit. Be creative. Heck, depending on who you get, you might wanna make a special homemade gift or something?

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I'm in for this. Sounds like fun. :)

Originally posted by BigLou
$20-30 would be the upper limit, not the lower limit.

Yeah, I totally agree. I'd feel bad if I got someone a new inner-tube and then Lou has a large wooden crate with the Yammy logo on the outside of it shipped to my house. :)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'm not trying to be the grinch here.
I also realize this makes me sound like a penny pinching tightwad *shrugs*
I'm all for the SS idea. But coming up with 30$ amidst all the other expenses of the holidays can be prohibative for some who otherwise may want to participate.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Count me in !!!!!!  :yeehaw: :thumb:

That was a blast last year.......finding big box on my front porch, rippin' into it.....coool Moto stuff inside from The Kid!!!!!  Fun to shop for Marlin 70 too.  (one for Marlin70...One for ME!!!  One for Marlin 70...One for ME!!)  heheheheh.

Yippeeeee!!!

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I agree with Papa. I have two kids, two nieces, a nephew, an extended family full of catholics & okies who don't know the meaning of contraceptives or abstinence, and a wife who thinks Christmas spending is an Olympic event and the judges from Gucci and Nieman's are not impartial.

I'd consider getting in if the idea was $5 or less. Or home made. I'm good with crayons & glue sticks.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by zio
I'd consider getting in if the idea was $5 or less. Or home made. I'm good with crayons & glue sticks.

Can you imagine zio and glue sticks ... The visual hurts. :scream:

Re: $$$, I don't care what the limit is, it will still be fun.

B

biglou

Man, you guys, the upper limit is whatever you want it to be! If it's $30, that doesn't mean you have to spend $29.99 or be banished! Spend $5, spend $0, I bet it won't matter. Be creative! Do something totally bizarre! That shouldn't be too hard for zio, eh?! :debil: You know what I would do? I would draw a kick ass MX picture in pencil. Bet you guys didn't know I could draw, did you? Put those thinkin' caps on...

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
IMO, I think there should be a cap, but also there should be a MINIMUM. If $0 is the rate, then alteast everyone will expect a "hand-me-down" gift.

This way it'll keep the big spenders from being too spendy, and the cheap bastages (like me) from being too cheap.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Green Horn, let's you & me skip the Secret Santa & do our own "Economical Elf". Papa can get in, too, if he wants.

Minimum- $0.0
Maximum-$0.0

Everything must be either recycled, stolen from a neighbor's garage, or hand-made. No purchases. BigLou can take care of the details if there's more than just the two of us. He's not married, nor is he dating so I presume he has nothing better to do.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
If I was gonna participate in EEP ( Economical Elf Program ) I would complain about the shipping cost because that would be like a whole $2.33.  If I could use the always enticing, yet against company policy Postage Meter at work to ship that package, that would be okay.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by zio
Everything must be either recycled, stolen from a neighbor's garage, or hand-made. No purchases.

About the only thing I can do "hand made" is rolling Play-Do into "big long poops" w/ my 4 yr old. [Something heard in my house..."Make a really big long one Daddy."] :)

LOL @ Nat! "EEP"

Top Bottom