kdx-tex

Dec 11, 2000
some buds of mine and myself are taking a four day riding trip this fall in louisana near alexandria at a place called camp claiborne in the forest hills national park any body got the 411 on the trails there or any other good riding areas near by free or pay to play suggestions would be great

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
Hey kdx-tex, I ride there often, but it's very big, and very easy to get turned around and lost. I can't say that I know the trails very well, but know many people who do. Some have maps, but so many riders have made crossing trails that they are probably worthless. We are planning multiple rides there during the fall ourselves. It is actually called Kissatche National Forest, the nearest town is Forest Hills, and it is absolutely FREE. The Camp Claiborne name comes from when it was a bombing range used by the Air Force years ago. They have one major staging area with 3 different 30 mile loops leaving from it and returning to it. The staging area has strictly enforced speed limits. The staging area has bathrooms and thats it. No running water, electricity, store, etc.
Nearby is another riding area called Breezy Hill. It is in the Kissatche National Forest also. I have rode there once and found it to be a bit more desolate, which isn't bad because Forest Hills is slowly being over run by beer swilling 4 wheelers with helmetless riders. If you're still interested you can e-mail me at TADU@chevron.com or LaRider20@aol.com, and we can chat about what you'll need for the trip.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom