Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
O.K. guys I am sorry I missed the Forrest Hills rain with you but we had already planned a Fernwood weekend. We rode Fernwood friday night and the track was pretty good (close to New Iberia) but wet in some spots. They raced Fernwood Saturday so we went to the new Kentwood track. OMG you could hold an outdoor national at this place. The track is awesome and very fast. The natural terrain makes it very nice. It is a long track about 3 min a lap. There were two guys, Thomasee and another guy just flying on this track and they seem to be about 3 min. For us old and slow guys it would be a little longer. We need to plan a trip as a group
I know kyle & robbie will like it Troy and laura will also have a good time Greg. There is also a lot of open space for the kids to ride when the track gets too many fast guys on it. Randy and you other boys and girls out there who work offshore let me know wich weekend your off and I plan it. Will post some picks later.
Philip

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
My schedule is somewhat intermittent right now, but plan it with the others and I will make it if I can. The old Kentwood track was my favorite in the area. I would like to check out the new one if possible, though.

Tentative offshore schedule is off for two more weeks, then on 14/14 schedule again.

Thanks,
Randy

Greg Guidry

~SPONSOR~
Nov 8, 2001
Philip,

I too loved the old Kentwood track. It was real rough but a lot of fun. I have been hearing a lot of talk about the new Kentwood track and saw a few pictures of it on another site. From what I hear it is going to be a great track. Let me know when ya'll plan on going again.

Greg

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
This is great news! I would love to do a big group ride up there. I can't do Kentwood the weekend of Nov. 16th, but can do a one or two day ride the weekend of Nov. 30th. Randy, if they are not racing that weekend, will you be off by then??

LaRider20@aol.comx

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Unfortunately, no.... I would go out on the 19th and come back after after the 1st of December. About the 3rd is what I am guessing.

Don't wait on me though! You guys have a good time and I will catch up with you when I can.

Randy

CKennedy

Feb 10, 2000
Philip,

I was there that same day. I agree, this is a great track for Louisiana. Let me know when you guys go there again. I'm trying to practice there as much as possible.

CK
YZ 250F #59

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I am out for the 16th as well. The 30th I am on call but if enough of you want to go that weekend I can switch call with someone. I will have to beg and bribe but it can be done. Let me know. :moon:

Greg Guidry

~SPONSOR~
Nov 8, 2001
This is killing me. I keep seeing pictures and hearing people talk about this track. Phillip, do you have a day picked out for us to go to the track. I khow that you have to call Lynn Lejune (owner) to make sure he will be there because the track is really not open yet. Check out the new pictures of the track in my photo gallery. If anyone wants to go to the track please call Lynn before you go. (225)749-2305 cell (225)776-2305.

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
I'm free on Sunday, the bad thing is I'll be in Hammond (just down the road from the track) on Saturday but can't bring my bike. :debil: Oh well...
Does anyone have plans yet this weekend?

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I can't go this weekend but the 30th looks good. Saturday would be a good day. Last time we stayed the weekend, but one of our friends drove up on Saturday to meet us. He left at 6:00 and met us for a little after 9:00. The track doesn't open til 10:00 so it was good. We could leave early grab some breakfast and ride til dark and still get home at a decent hour. Greg be sure to bring Laura the track is not bad and the kids ride the open spaces when its get crowded with big bikes. You guys call me next week and we can work out the details.
Randy if you can't make the 30th let me know when you can I'm not scared of multiple trips. :)

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Right now it looks like I will be coming home on the Dec. 3rd and then I am going to White Rock on Dec. 6-8.  The weekend after that may be open!

I am leaving on Monday, so I will be out of touch until then.....  I will check the thread when I return.

rla

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom