LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
We are planning a ride at Down South Racing in New Iberia, La. The ride will either be July 12th, 13th, or 14th depending on the weather. As the ride gets closer, we'll be able to narrow it down as to which day. Looking forward to seeing old friends again, and meeting new ones as well. :D

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
No problem, I'll keep yall in the loop. Motohead00, you're always offshore. (as I type this, I'm 35 miles offshore myself) :( I would like to try for Friday, because Saturday and Sunday are so busy, but we'll see what the weather does.

Later,

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
Greg, the reason I'm considering going on Friday is because of less people. Man, last week it was so busy! Will your little one (I know her name, but won't announce it) be back from vacation? I know she'd rather ride on a Friday. Which ever day we ride, you'll meet the fastest member of the family, my 14 yr. old son, Kyle. Unfortunately I don't believe his KX will be fixed by then, so you'll see a much slimmer version of me on the CR about half the time. BTW I have this really nice blue canvass chair someone gave me. It even has a carrying bag. Do you need a chair, I'd be glad to sell it to you. :p

Greg Guidry

~SPONSOR~
Nov 8, 2001
Troy, I can definitely ride on Friday. I had a meeting Scheduled for Friday that has been cancelled, so Friday looks good if it doesn't rain. My daughter won't be back from vacation until July 27th so I have an empty spot on the trailer if anyone from the Houma area needs a ride to the track.

P.S. How much for the nice blue chair.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
As of right now, I am not offshore so I will try to meet you guys if you are still coming. What time are you guys showing up?

I will be in an orange and black '01 F-250 with a black enclosed trailer and KTM 250 4-stroke.

Greg Guidry

~SPONSOR~
Nov 8, 2001
Motohead, we are planning on being at the track at around 9:00. Troy has a white F-150 and a CR250. I will be in a red Jeep with a YZ250. Looking forward to meeting you.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Looks like it is going to rain here in a minute, the track may be in excellent shape or it may be a mud pit. Hope it's great. I am looking forward to riding.

For track info in the morning you can call Down South at 337-365-6959 or you can call me at 337-234-9495 or 781-9608 if you want.

Catch you tomorrow,
Randy

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Well, here is an update.... I met up with Greg and LaRider and his son at Down South in New Iberia with another buddy of mine. We became acquainted and then hit the track. It was freshly groomed and moist enough for good traction early in the day. Now I have never professed to be a star on the track, the woods are my domain and I have loved the little KTM 4t in the woods. Well today at the track, I was missing my 250F but still wouldn't trade the bike for the woods.

We made some laps and threw roost and had a good time. Greg and LaRider on their 250 2t were hitting most the jumps and pulling me pretty good in the straights. The fresh chop was taking it's toll on my KTM. As the day progressed and the temperatures rose as well as my confidence, I began to hit some of the bigger jumps.

By this time it was starting to get pretty darned hot and here's where the real spode racing began. Greg and I would hit the track and swap positions for a few laps and then the race was on. He led me more laps on the track but I spanked him heading back for the shade and Gatorade. Did I mention it was hot?

Anyway, I had a good time riding with some new acquaintences and look forward to meeting up with and riding with them again.

On another note my friend that went with us had to ride by himself. I didn't want to get hit by 426 roost or be pounced upon by his landings from his arial (sp?) antics.

Rewad Offered: 4 white lawn chairs in excellent condition and very valuable lost in the vicinity of New Iberia. ;) Anyone seeing or knowing the whereabouts of these chairs.... heck keep 'em. I payed $4.00 each for them!

Randy

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
For the second trip in a row I have to take home someone elses stuff. But this time, Greg and I were debating on whether to throw them in the trash or not. They are plastic white patio chairs, and they are so old that the feet are missing on them. I'll hold them till next time, unless my wife mistakes them for trash and throws them out. :p

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
You can throw away the chairs, I have been meaning to buy more. The only time I use those chairs is to take to the track or camping. But thank you for thinking of me. Do whatever you feel with them.

Greg Guidry

~SPONSOR~
Nov 8, 2001
I had a great time at the track Friday. Chippy groomed the track very well considering how many people were there. Motohead00's decsription of the the day was pretty accurate exept for one small detail. I spanked him at least twice heading back to the shade and gatorade. Troy, as always, had another great riding day with you and your son. Looking forward to doing this again soon. Next time we ride we should take a chair count before anyone leaves the track.

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
Chippy usually does a good job on the track. Yall wait till my oldest son swings his leg over a bike next time. A 14 yr. old on a 250! What stamina!
motohead00 I'll bring the chairs to the track next time I go (7/26-7/27). If you can't make it, then someone may get some use out of them.
Greg, I agree on the chair count.
Why can't someone forget something besides their chairs. I wouldn't mind bringing an extra bike home. :p

Top Bottom