junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
We will be going to Forest Hills next weekend(6/20) to ride, weather and forest rangers permitting. We hope to get there by dark on Friday and stay thru Sunday. Look for the enclosed trailer with the coffee cup on the side in the main campground, that's us! Hope everyone can make it.

Mark

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
I might be there. We might go to Cravens or Breezy Hill, but if we go to Claiborne I will stop and see if we can get a 15 bike train blasting through the woods. I have never had a problem with the Rangers over there.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Sounds good, hope to see you there. We have about 10 bikes as of now, could always fit one more. Do you know your way around Breezy Hill? I've been wanting to go there but I was told to go with someone who knows their way around. Heard the trails aren't marked very well.

Mark

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
I know my way around Breezy good enough to get back to the truck if we get lost. I have a really nice map, that covers 60 % of the trails. Basically there are 3 loops. The problem w/ the trails at Breezy is that the Breezy Hill Enduro Club changes the trails often for the Enduro. I keep forgetting to join that club. It is only $5 a year. I want to go and help with the trails, since I ride there often. They also don't mark them well as a deterrent to keep overcrowding down. That single track isn't for everybody and it certainly keeps the quads from destroying it. It works. This is good b/c it keeps the trail from getting rutted up and it gives the worn out trail a chance to recover. It looks like they are doing annual rotations and cutting new trail. Best thing about Breezy is that it is 98% single track. Good riding. I ride with a group of pretty fast guys who know the trails at all the riding areas real well. So I just tuck in behind them and concentrate on riding. Pretty cool deal. We always meet up around 8 am on Saturdays. Hardly ever ride on Sundays. Shoot me an email if your interested in meeting up with us for a Breezy Hill, Red Dirt, Cravens, or Forest Hill ride in the future. blanco9@att.net Oh, what time on Saturday do ya'll plan to hit the trail?

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
We usually get moving around 8-ish and try to hit the trails for 9. Seeing as it will be much hotter this trip I would like to get started earlier, but a safe guess would be somewhere between 8-9am. I would like to follow you guys through Cravens or Breezy Hill. I've heard they are much better trails because they don't get the traffic that FH does. I have been told Breezy Hill was not marked well for that reason. I have to agree with those guys. I remember when Forest Hills was nice, tight, single trails. Then you know who showed up and they have gone downhill since. My email is MarkForshag@cox.net. Let me know when you guys go to one of the other places again and hope you can make it this weekend. I'll be in a motorhome pulling an enclosed trailer(with coffee cup on side).

Mark

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Looks like Forest Hills will be closed again this weekend due to excessive rainfall. Cravens is still open as of now so it looks like we're going there. Hope to see all who can make it.

Mark

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
All rained out and nowhere to go! Trip cancelled. Try again in a few weeks.

sluggo69

May 24, 2003
im from metairie. do i have to be a member to ride with you guys . if so how do i join up?please email me at redgooseshoe@ziplip.com.

looking forward to making new riding buddies

thanks,,sluggo

ps . i just started riding again after a 10 yr layoff so please be kind and not laugh :)

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by sluggo69
im from metairie. do i have to be a member to ride with you guys . if so how do i join up?please email me at redgooseshoe@ziplip.com.

No need for membership to ride with this crew.  But, the ride is cancelled due to all the rainfall.  I miss some of these get togethers due to my offshore schedule, but you would be welcome anytime, I am sure.  If you see another Louisiana trailride posted here, just post that you are interested and come meet everyone.

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
Sluggo, you are welcome to ride with me anytime. Send me an email at blanco9@att.net so I can add you to my list. Motohead, we need to finally hook up and ride. You helped me pick out my bike about 8 months ago on this forum. Thanks for the advice I am a happy rider. I thought about hitting a track instead, but it is pouring down right now. Looks, like it is a maintenance weekend. Steering bearing, wheel bearings, linkage bearing, swingarm bearing, YEAH! Lots of fun. LOL. I hate greasing bearings.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
I know.... the rain won't seem to quit.  Looks like I will be spending a day indoors as well.  I have to study for a test at work anyway, guess today is as a good a day as any :whiner:

Randy

Top Bottom