ohmthis

Jan 31, 2008
Tree,
Hey just wanted to say hi as I'm in your area. I live in Spencer county. Me and My girlfriend love to ride (she is the four wheel type). Got any suggestions of places to ride that have trails as well as a track. I've heard there is a place towards cincinati. Thanks!

tree11

Oct 31, 2007
is spencer close to shelbyville?
taylormoto.com is indoor mx track,racing bikes this weekend ,towards cincinati.
bucksrun is near bedford,ky. royal atv trails is near elizabethtown.
hillz m hollerz is temparly closed.[lockport]
there is a nice practice track near eastview.open some sundays.
if you find something near louisville,let me know.

ohmthis

Jan 31, 2008
Thanks, Bucksrun was what i was thinking about. I'm pretty new to riding here. Yeah, I live about 15 min. from Shelbyville. I have been doing mostly trail riding and am looking to expand my horizons. Where is that indoor track in your last post? thanks again!

tree11

Oct 31, 2007
look at www.kentuckyriders.com
re:louisville outdoor rec.....

if you ride a bike,you should go racing with me.
march 16 ,www.kyharescramble.com

indoors
www.taylormoto.com near dryridge,ky
don`t try triples.that`s not for beginners.
the double after the whoops is hard for me to do.i`ve doing
motocross for a year.
:yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:
this wet winter is making me go banananananas

Last edited:

tree11

Oct 31, 2007
I LIKE THE OLDER SUZUKI AND YAMAHAS
1970-80S....IT`S HARD TO FIND THEM AND USED PARTS.
IS THERE ANY VINTAGE RACING GOING ON NEAR LOUISVILLE?

ohmthis

Jan 31, 2008
Tree,
I'm not sure about the vintage racing. A buddy of mine has two old yz 80's. One is a 1980 the other an 84. I tried to get the newer one from him, but he won't come off of it. I doubt he would sell any of his bikes. Anyways, when it warms up I'm going to go to Bucksrun with my friends and family. I'll let you know when, if you would like to go. Also, I was looking at the hare scramble link that you sent. Sounds like a good time and I think I'd like to ride in a couple. I don't have all of the required saftey gear so that may hamper me from competeing. Take care!!!

tree11

Oct 31, 2007
i know a fellow that has older bikes for sale.also used parts to fit yam & suk.
did you look at royalatvtrails.com
it`s more fun than bucks run.
racing,you will need helment,googles,riding boots,gloves.
i know i guy that has like new boots #11 for sale,i`ll sell you googles for $15 used.
any leather gloves o.k.,any kind of helment that fits is ok.
ama card 39,gate fee 5,transponder rent 10,race fee 35,+gas
yes ,it does add up.>>speed channel has some off road action this weekend.
REDBULLLASTMANSTANDING.COM

Last edited:

ohmthis

Jan 31, 2008
Yeah I know Bucksrun gets old fast, but my three young cousins haven't ever been anyplace besides local farms. I haven't checked out that site yet, will do later.
I have a helmet and gloves, the goggles not a big deal. But I read in the rules about the boots and protective pants. I don't mind spending money to make riding safe, but I'll have to buy two of everything for the girlfriend and I. Thanks for all of the info....Now if the weather would just turn good for us :(

kytrailrider

Feb 25, 2008
Sorry to but in, but I also live in Louisville. Bucks Run is OK, but if you really like hills you should go to Maysville, KY and Ride Big Rock. Its around 2000 acres lots of different degrees of hills and great views of the river when your up on the mountains. I have not found to many places to ride around here , so I have faced the fact I have to drive to Ride. :(

ohmthis

Jan 31, 2008
Tree,
Yeah my GF wants to race too. Tax time is coming so I just might wait and get some new stuff. I looked again at the hare scamble link. it doesn't show the race date you said on their schedule. I rode just a little today; had to breakin the new top end. :) I'll talk with you shortly.
KYTrail,
I hear you on having to drive to ride. Luckly my dad has some property and we can ride there, but it's mostly flat pasture type of riding. Would you be interested in riding one of these races? I have my gilrfriend and a buddy that want to ride in one. tree wants to run these, maybe we can get together before and ride.

tree11

Oct 31, 2007
i told you wrong,haspin acres is racing a harescramble march 16.it could be a good race for 1st time racers.i think it`s not AMA,no tight woods.you could maybe get by
w/o bark busters.
i could be wrong again,i never been there. [urhttp://haspinacres.com/forum/index.php[/url]
the forum seems dead,you guys should help me bring it to life.we need seat time.
let`s go get some.

ohmthis

Jan 31, 2008
Tree I agree with you on the seat time. Just wish all of this damn cold weather would get out of here. I talked to the G/F and we are going to Gatlinburg the weekend of the 14-16. No race for us I guess. I've gotten the bike worked out pretty good; just need to jet it for the new pipe. I was wanting to jet it for warmer weather since that is what we ride in the most. I may get it close, but a litte rich to cover my butt. Take care! I'll try and jump over and try to get the other forum jumping. :cool:

Top Bottom