Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Rode 1.5 miles, got stuck. Couldn't get it out. Walked back to pits to get help, no one there. Walked back to bike and started helping other guys around the mud. Eric Briggs missed the good line and he got stuck too, we tried to get each other out but could not. We waited for sweep crew and when they arrived they got us out-it took 5 guys on each bike to get them out. We rode back to pits. I waited for my guys on Team Taco Bell to come in from loop one and went out with them and rode the second half, that was a blast and I rode really well. But game over for me at 1.5 miles.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
It was under all the leaves that's probably why you didn't see it. :nod:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
It was good, but a little to fast for my liking...I like the more technical tougher stuff.

bterp67

Apr 5, 2007
I loved the long sections! What did everyone else think of this? I think the National events need long sections like this.
I don't like the little 3 or 4 mile sprints. I'm just getting my groove going at 3 miles, so the long sections make it feel like an enduro to me. I haven't rode sections this long since Upland 2008 when they had a 17 mile section.
I usually don't do well at this event because of the mud, but the weather was outstanding this year and made it an excellent year ender.
More long sections for next year is my vote.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Good event. I liked the long sections of fast flowing trail. Naturally, I peeled some bark off a couple trees and have the bruised forearms to show for it. Had a blast riding with Rod B [SSA] all day.

Solid route sheet as I could see it pretty well - large bold fonts [read: good for old guys], and it fit right in the holder without major surgery. Sometimes it's the little things.

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Wolverine423 said:
I like the more technical tougher stuff.
bterp67 said:
I loved the long sections!
More long sections for next year is my vote.

Heh.

We're thinking about just one long, tough, technical section for next years' Loose Moose.

:yikes:

Of course, if we do that, no one will show.

Top Bottom