chris kuba

May 31, 2003
About a year ago my front brake decided to stop pulling hard. I have a '99 KDX 200. It happened suddenly on the trail and is not from over-heating. I have tried everyting I can think of to fix it but it will not clamp down tight. I have no leaks anywhere that I can see. I replaced the plunger, the brake line, new Bel-Ray dot4 fluid, and new EBC pads. I can hold the caliper and it will pivot as it is supposed too but just will not stop the bike hard. I have even taken the caliper apart and blead it in every way that has been recomended. I know someone knows what is going on here. Please help.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
KDXs seem prone to stubborn bubbles sticking in the brake line. I have had good results by pulling the master cylinder, hose and caliper off the bike and hanging it straight on a wall for a few days. Tap the line with a screwdriver handle to break the bubbles loose.

lepper

Mar 8, 2005
Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line!
When the rubber get's old on a bike it starts giving more and more... kinda like that stock!
Go stainless and you shouldn't have that problem anymore...

chris kuba

May 31, 2003
My replacement line is a good russel braided line so that isn't the problem I hope. I'll try taking it all off and hanging it up. I have tried pushing the fluid through the bleeder from the bottom and taking it out of the top a little at a time. That's how a bike mechanic told me to do it. I have also tried sucking it through the bleeder and replacing it in the master cylinder a little at a time too. I can't believe air could stay in there that much. Oh well I guess I have no choice but to try. Thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom