GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Sorry to jolt you Ladies out of your current Holiday rampage and fast forward you to Valentines Day already!!

I've just received an assignment to write an article with the focus on NOT breaking the bank on Valentine's Day. So set aside your Tiffany / Godiva / Napa Weekend Getaway thoughts for now...I could use your help on ways you ladies (and gentlemen) save a little dough, yet let the love of your life know how much they mean to you...

All ideas appreciated. I may ask your permission to quote you. Thanks a lot! The article will appear in Budget Savvy Magazine.

Apr 30, 2007
Would these be things women would do for men? Things for couples to do? Or things men would do for women?

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
The magazine is geared toward Women, however any and all ideas are FINE!! Thanks!

Apr 30, 2007
1) Rose petals and small love notes everywhere!

2) Candlelight (or even dim lights) dinner at home! (This one is probably one of the most common...).

3) Romantic movie at home! (Perhaps the 2nd most commonly thought of idea).

4) Strawberries and chocolate

From the boyfriend:

1) "Buy her a bus ticket so she can get away from 'ya when she's sick of 'ya"

Looks like I'm getting a bus ticket for valentines day. :whoa:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Vintage Dirt -- how the heck are ye? I viewed your deleted message and must admit, that your idea is the most inexpensive of all!!!! :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
well, what I'd like for valentines day don't cost a thing. Just takes a little effort.

Heck, I'd like it every day.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
:|

Pred makes his usual contribution!
He does make a good point though. Doesn't he? Well, do you Pred?

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
When on the cheap, I usually give my wife I.O.U.'s she can redeem at her leisure! U can use your imagination on this one~! Works great for simple things like ; dishes, foot messages, general house chores, back-rubs, maybe plant some of her fav flowers out front...
You get the point!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
ChopperDave said:
He does make a good point though. Doesn't he? Well, do you Pred?
of course I do.

How hard is it to cook sweet and sour meatballs?

what'd you think I was talkin' about?!? :yikes:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I'm with Pred, yet on any budget it ain't gonna happen!

They say that these special occasions are about the giving, not the receiving. So if it’s giving a small bouquet or a Diamond ring that makes you happy, then that’s what counts, not what you get right? After all it’s the thought that counts. So with that if I don't give anything and that makes me happy, then WTF’s the problem?
Give me an expensive gift, your happy, I give you a card (Hallmark mind you) and I’m happy!

:)

Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
Well lets see for Valentines day women need to know they are loved and men need to know they are desired so its cheap for the women to meet this. But women I think feel loved and special with lots of effort and expense and fuss put in to what ever gift or event is offered.

D

Flygirl

Jul 28, 2006
One year my husband actually made a card for me and wrote a cute and funny poem in it. It was much better than a pre-made card with someone else's words. He planned the evening and wouldn't tell me anything that we were doing. Very simple, a walk down by the river, dinner, and a movie. I loved it because he doesn't have to get me anything expensive to show me he cares, it truely is the little things that matter. Men...just be creative :-)

Flygirl

Jul 28, 2006
Now that you got me thinking of Valentine's Day I decided to search Gifts.com and found some really good and inexpensive ideas. Good things for the ladies like a message in a bottle, personalized fortune cookies, and naming a star. For the guys, I think most would be happy with a certain "magazine subscription"..at least my husband liked it.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Flygirl said:
Now that you got me thinking of Valentine's Day I decided to search Gifts.com and found some really good and inexpensive ideas. Good things for the ladies like a message in a bottle, personalized fortune cookies, and naming a star. For the guys, I think most would be happy with a certain "magazine subscription"..at least my husband liked it.

I like all those ideas, especially the naming of a star...

I once made Pred some sweet and sour meatballs at Dirtweek 'o3 and he doesn't remember... :whoa:

Smiffy....that's just wrong, dewd. :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
GETMETOCA said:
. . . I once made Pred some sweet and sour meatballs at Dirtweek 'o3 and he doesn't remember... :whoa:
uh, it wasn't Valentine's Day? ;)

maybe all those "adult beverages" killed the brain cells that remembered that . . .

or it could be the traumatic experience of seeing all those dead kittens

Dec 8, 2007
I usually don't do anything for valentines day, but a few years back me and the girl who has taken control of my life went out to get some ice cream. It was actually pretty cool, we went to cold stone and she got this super fancy ice cream with all the toppings and stuff, I got the really simple one, we both liked mine better, ha ha.

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
Last year for my anniversary (could be Valentines Day instead..)I made a picnic basket full of homemade goodies such as chocolate covered strawberries, homemade hummus w/ crackers and veggies, yummie cheeses and breads. I purchased a great bottle of wine and took my hubby to a local winery and spread out a blanket. I classed it up by using real stemware instead of the plastic ones and used platters for the food and china plates w/ linen napkins. Everything was set up just like a magazine photo. Best of all, NO reservations. We watched the sunset and it was a beautiful way to spend the evening. VERY romantic!

progirlz

Sep 8, 2006
ignition retard said:
I usually don't do anything for valentines day, but a few years back me and the girl who has taken control of my life went out to get some ice cream. It was actually pretty cool, we went to cold stone and she got this super fancy ice cream with all the toppings and stuff, I got the really simple one, we both liked mine better, ha ha.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Top Bottom