thek

Mar 9, 2003
Ok,
I still have a bog in the low revs. I think the bike may have been jetted for race fuel from the previous owner.

I tried taking the air filter off and the bog improved somewhat. I thought the airfilter maybe had too much oil on it. I had put a light coat of filter oil over the whole thing with a paintbrush. Is that too much?

So is bike running better after airfilter off a symptom of bad jetting? In what area do you suggest I look at if so? Or is it something else entirely?

Thanks for all the help!

rm 125 99

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
was it a bog (boooooooorrahhh) or a spudder? if it was a bog, you may need a richer pilot,, and a leaner pilot if its a spudder (too rich). Since you said it runs better with airlid off, maybe its too rich (spudder).

Maybe you can check your air flow system to see if anything is (like old foam) is inside your airboot, or maybe there is a dirt dobber nest in your silencer or maybe some blown packing. Also clean out your carb including the choke. let us know what you find out..

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
by the way, do you have a manual for your bike to tell you what the airscrew settings are on your bike? if you dont have one, im sure clymer makes one and those are better than the shop manual that comes with bike.

Top Bottom