D_Moen

May 7, 2007
I'm trying to get closer to ideal with the jetting on my 220. Switching the 150 main that was installed for a 145 improved things greatly, but I think I'm still rich at small throttle openings even with 1.75 turns out on the air-screw. The main jet was so far out to lunch, it does not seem far fetched that the low speed jet would be wrong too.

My question is, how do I get at the low speed jet? The main jet was easy but I have not seen anything on this site that would give me a clue on this one!

Thanks for your time!

robl

Feb 24, 2004
The pilot jet is just as easy as the main jet, unless you just removed the plug on the bottom. Loosen the clamps on each end,
rotate the carb bottom out and remove the bowl. The Then just apply a screw driver and turn it out. It's right there on the bottom.

Rob

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I like to use a deep socket. I've had bad luck with screw drivers there.

longerdeeper

Apr 11, 2006
The right tool

You wil have to use a flat blade screw driver on the KDX,it has no hex in it, just a slot! the pilot jet is hidden pretty deep in the casting right next to the main jet, you will see it no probs when you get the float bowl off.

longerdeeper

Apr 11, 2006
The right tool

You will have to use a flat blade screw driver on the KDX, it has no hex in it, just a slot! the pilot jet is hidden pretty deep in the casting right next to the main jet, you will see it no probs when you get the float bowl off.
My 220 runs an FMF fatty pipe (rev), when I put this on I went to a 40 Pilot(from 42) and (i Think) a 150 main(from 142). it runs pretty good. By going smaller in the pilot I could then up size the main a bit further.

D_Moen

May 7, 2007
Thanks guys, will have at it this weekend. I'm going to start with the settings on the JustKDX site as a base-line. WIth the 145 main, my plug is still black, not quite as wet, but still very dark, and most of my riding is at lower throttle settings, si I know I've got a ways to go yet on the low speed circuit.

I just got my new fork springs in and the compression stack mod done, so with the re-jet accomplished I can stop fiddling and get riding!

Ewetah

Jun 29, 2007
What Elevation Eh?

What elevation are you riding at? I am at 4500' above sea level and my 220 has a desert pipe with Boyesen reeds and no air box lid. I run a 143 main, 38 pilot and my needle in the leanest position. This is good untill I go up in the mountains where the elevations range from 6500' to 9000' and then I am rich in the summer time with the warm temps.

Top Bottom