low to mid, mid to top?

jmssr

Dec 5, 2002
My son races an 02 yz125 that I want EG to port. He races alot at Southwick throughout the season. If I go with the low to mid porting will the motor sign off too early in that deep sand when usually the bike is pinned most of the time. It's already got a pc pipe and silencer. Thanks in advance!

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
What his skill level , sometimes experts or faster Amateurs are better at keeping it on the pipe .That sand gets deep espescially on a couple of those uphills like the one with a tight turn at the bottom . Gearing is a factor also, Espescially like if you want to go to hardpack at Walden or Raceway one week where he will want top power and next week back to sand in Southwick . Maybe Mr Gorr has something that is versatile . GGOD LUCK

Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
I ride at the wick too, go w/ the EG mo better everywhere package. I had an 02 CR125 last yr, it needs everywhere power anyway. Go w/ a V-Force, 13/52 gearing, you should be gtg. Post back-

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
jmssr i think the bottom to mid will sign off to early-trouble with a 125 is its very hard to port for more power all over-you have so little to work with considering how well they are ported from new.What about a 133 kit?

jmssr

Dec 5, 2002
Thanks for the responses, not sure which way to go yet, but I think going with a big bore kit isn't legal in NESC or NEMA in New England. Although I'm sure they're in use here and there. Mid to top sounds good at this point but maybe just adding the vortex with the pipe already on is enough, I don't know!

Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
What class do you ride in NESC? No-one will contest it if you go w/a 133, b/c it IS legal. Anything over that is not, but it aint cheatin if ya don't get caught!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…