lower fork protectors used on Project CDKDX ?

vargar

Aug 18, 2003
Does any one out there know where to purchase the white lower fork protectors used on the Project : CDKDX ( the JustKDX project bike ) they're exactly the ones I'm looking for....any leads would be great thanks

louis

Sep 2, 2002
I cut mine from grey electrical pvc. Took about an hour. Sand'em & hold in place with cable ties. 2 inch fit perfect.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Yup they are just built in vacuum cleaner tubing. Took about an hour and work great! Cost was about $3 :) Just slit them up the back and notch them out to fit around the different castings on the forks. Once complete all you have to do is stretch them out and snap them around the forks. They will hold themselves in place.

David

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Im in the process of making some and will post pics when done. I have made them out of 2 1/2 inch pvc tubing. I too would love some close up pics.

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Sometimes I really envy you KDX folk. You have as much info as the rest of the site combined. :ugg: 

Happy Hotdog,

Chief

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
I've been thinking about it some. The KDX is an awesome bike w/ a lot of respect due, but here in the U.S. you can license an ATK or an MXC for the road, but not the KDX. I've ridden newer KDX models uncorked and the 125 ATK. No MXC's. Anyone else ridden these other bikes? What are your thoughts comparison wise?  The legality issue is becoming more important as time goes by.

Joe Chief

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
I'll see if I can get some close up pics. The final product is very sano and you certainly can't tell they home fabricated.

KDX200Kev any hardware store will have the tubing in stock, you wont have any problem fining it. I like the vac. tubing because it is quite thin and easy to work with yet protects very well.

David

Top Bottom