Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Has anybody lowered the pegs on the 02 model without rewelding on the frame? It looks like a machine shop could make a peg mount that would allow the peg to be lowered. Has anyone done this? O.K. all you experts let me know. :)

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
Do a search for "footpegs". I found some with built in adjustment to allow them to be lowered a couple of weeks ago. Sorry I can't recall who made them.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Hey Philip, Fastway makes a set of "lowboy" pegs that lower your foot slightly (they look trick too) My bro in law put them on his 450 and really likes them, he's pretty tall. I am actually thinking about them even though I have short legs, I think they are easier on my busted up knees in the sit/stand transition. Don't know if they have as much drop as the brackets on e-bay. Let us know what you find.

cr-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 1999
I went with the S & R lower mounts and love them the bike is way more comfortable. I bought them after reading about them in RacerX. Best money I've spent so far!

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Originally posted by cr-man
I went with the S & R lower mounts and love them the bike is way more comfortable. I bought them after reading about them in RacerX. Best money I've spent so far!

I saw those right after I posted this and was wondering if they were any good. I am 6'-2" and feel I could use a little more room than stock. I saw them for $90. cr-man do they give you more room.

cr-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 1999
Philip- I'm 5'9" and I felt cramped on the CR the 1/4" that they drop the pegs to me made a world of difference! I love them like I said best money I've spent on my bike so far! Now if I can get the jetting figured out I'll be in good shape!

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Thanks I think I'll give them a try. As for your jetting I know how ya feel. I stated at the pilot circuit and worked through them until it was right. wish ya well :thumb:

Top Bottom