mudinaround

Nov 11, 2008
Would anyone know a different way to lower a 2003 XR80 than by shaving the seat. My 12 y/o son rides a PW80 and I am thinking of buying him a XR80 but he barely touch's the ground with his tippy toes. I want him to be confident going to a manual clutch but I feel he needs to touch the ground a little more. How much can I get by shaving the seat. We are fairly new trail riders and appreciate any/all help. Thanks.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
XR/CRF70 (?)

Just wait a bit, he'll be plenty tall, soon enough. No reason to rush it and hurt his confidence. There is alot to be gained riding a bike he is a bit big for, and can man-handle, as opposed to one that is a bit big for him.

Keep him on the PW80 a while longer, or get an XR/CRF70, if you just want to get him on a new bike. Take your time.

mudinaround

Nov 11, 2008
Thanks for the reply. He is bored with the PW80 as it bottoms out and he really likes to take the jumps. Also, I have a 9 y/o son who has changed his mind and wants to go riding with us so I plan on giving him the PW. I've read where the 70's are not that powerful.

Top Bottom