oilspot

Sep 11, 2006
My son is only 4yrs old. He rides like a maniac. I just discovered that the frame is snapped on his pw50... bummer.

So I've got a ktm 50cc pro jr lined up for him. It's a little tall for him. I know I can start him on blocks etc. but would rather lower the bike to fit him.
Has anybody been through this?
I know some people may instantly think that it's too much bike for his age/ size. He's got excellant throttle and brake control so I'm not really to worried about it.

I'm thinking It may be as easy as a shorter shock in the rear and sliding the forks up in the front. I'm going to look at the bike later tonight and will have it to mess with tomorrow.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Just let him learn to ride it as is, the expense of temporay lowered suspension in the form of a new shock might be "shocking". My son was VERY small when he was younger and I just let him deal with the height issue with blocks or leaning the bike over. He adapted in less than an hour and fit the bike within a year.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
PW50 frames are not strong, for any serious rider a little extra welding is required. After that they can take quite a hit (my son was hitting 15-20 feet and landing on flat ground). As for the lowering, as long as he is on MX tracks I wouldn't even bother with it.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
you need to head down to ktm and look at the mini adv and pro jr. you'll see the mini adv has a lower seat than the pro jr. you might find someone willing to trade you but then your stuffed in 6 months when you are ready to go back. either seat bolts right on.

definetley not too much bike for a 4 year old. of the racers the pro jr is the mildest. you can tame the hit with the clutch. you can get mini adventure clutch springs that will make it tame as can be. ktmtalk.com is where you'll want to be hanging out. tons of peewee advice there.

oilspot

Sep 11, 2006
Picked up the bike last night. It's got two shock mounting holes. The shock is in the most forward hole. It's hard to tell but it looks like using the rear hole will drop the bike some.
I have to run some errands or I'd be doing that right now.

extremeisaac

Oct 29, 2007
the seats between all 3 bikes are all swapable. you can put a mini adventure seat on a pro jr. I highly advise you to be careful becuase the pro jr is a watercooled race bike, nothing like the pw50. It will put your kid on his bike in 2 seconds flat. keep in mind you can less the hit on the clutch by playing with the washer stack. Do yourself a favor and go to ktmtalk dot c.o.m and go to the mini section and download the KTM mini bible. It has every piece of information you can ever want to know about that bike

Top Bottom