MC04

Dec 25, 2004
Want to bring the YZ450F down a little for my 5-8 frame. The seat foam will be cut and the subframe lowered. I also want to lower the overall ride height of the bike by about an inch. I know this will require the use of a spacer in the shock. What changes would be necessary to the forks after such a change to the shock? What changes in spring rates to both front and rear?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
You can sometimes just drop the forks on the clamps as far as they will go for a small drop in the rear height.If you go further you need to mod the forks in a similar way for the shock, but its harder as the springs will need to be shorter as well.

MC04

Dec 25, 2004
marcusgunby said:
You can sometimes just drop the forks on the clamps as far as they will go for a small drop in the rear height.If you go further you need to mod the forks in a similar way for the shock, but its harder as the springs will need to be shorter as well.

That's all I'm looking for. Just about a 1 inch drop in the rear in ride height. That, along with the seat and subframe mods, should make it easier for me to ride. I really didn't want to mess with the forks other than sliding them up on the triple clamps.

Top Bottom