speeddemon14

Jul 19, 2003
i want to get the new CR 125 this year, but i'm afraid it's still a little to big for me in seat height, what ways are there to get the seat height down and make the bike sit lower, like adjusting the suspension or something. any help would be really appreciated

thanx

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Originally posted by marcusgunby
I always elongate the lower subframe holes by 5mm-that allows the back to drop about 15mm-makes a huge difference.

Marcus, Would a picture of this mod be too much to ask? I wouldn't mind dropping the back end of Troy's 03 RM125 for next season. Since I'm a ham fisted wrench wannabe a picture for me would be worth a thousand words or in this case save me a botched subframe :laugh:

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I took Marcus' idea one step further by drilling new holes in the lower subframe mounts, raising them approx. 15mm. Then I welded up the original holes and ground down the excess to fit correctly to the frame. It lowered the rear of the seat and the fender about 30mm. I also shaved the seat to lower even further. At 5'6", I am now quite a bit more comfortable on my '99 CR250. I can actually touch the ground with both feet. It must be nice to be 6' tall!

DCox

Dec 29, 2003
darringer said:
I took Marcus' idea one step further by drilling new holes in the lower subframe mounts, raising them approx. 15mm. Then I welded up the original holes and ground down the excess to fit correctly to the frame. It lowered the rear of the seat and the fender about 30mm. I also shaved the seat to lower even further. At 5'6", I am now quite a bit more comfortable on my '99 CR250. I can actually touch the ground with both feet. It must be nice to be 6' tall!
I have been thinking of doing the same with my subframe, but I was concerned about the tire hitting the rear fender. Have you had this problem?

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
The tire rubbing on the fender has not been a problem for me. When it bottoms, it rubs slightly. I have never even felt the rubbing, but I can see it on the fender. Small price to pay for added comfort. If I was more concerned about it, I could redrill the holes in my rear fender and push it right up against the back of the seat, because there is a small gap between the two.

Top Bottom