kawakid

Dec 18, 2003
On Tv i have seen many of the guys on 125's and 250's that look no taller than me (im about 5'6) but they sit almost flat footed on the bike. But when i go to sit on a big bike, both of my toes just touch the ground. Do they lower the seat height and how do they do it, are there different ways, beacuse im planning on buying a new bike this summer(125 or 250f), so I would like to know. thanks.

skillzman1

Nov 26, 2003
You could also change the 'dog bones' that connect the rear shock to the swingarm(provided it's not a KTM).Changing them will raise or lower the seat height depending on the new lentgh.As 'junkman' stated you can also lower the forks a little in the triple clamps-but that usually makes your front end 'quicker' in it's feel-so you need to be careful there.I have a similar problem with my DRZ 400-tall in the seat -short in the pegs...but there's not much in the seat area to be shaved...so I need to look for some rear suspension linkage pieces.

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
Who are the aftermarket manufactures of dogbones. Do OEM manufactures make different length bones?

Top Bottom