Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Congrats to the LSU Tigers and their fans.. YOU ARE THE National Champs.

USC is the wanabe Nat. Champs.

Couple of Q's:

1) Who is the number one D?
2) Who is the number 1 Offense?
3) Who scored the most?
4) Number 2 of either?
4) Schedule? A loss to Cal? Are you freaking kidding me? Sorry SoCal, it really doesn't matter WHEN the loss in your season happened. Losing to an unranked team takes you out.

They all agreed on the BCS when the season started. Gonna change it cause you don't agree? Live with it.

Pred, get out the keys to the Whambulance. The SoCal boys will be whining.

Great game, even though my Sooners lost.

The bad side? The tigers will have to "share" the title with the condoms (sorry "Trojans") because the WRITERS/SPORTS CASTERS can't let their ego's go.. it seems to be more important than the kids that play the game. It's all about money... and that sucks. In a way, I'm glad the Sooners DIDN'T win it. In OK we like to WIN it, not "share it".

So we can all debate on who the "winner" really is while colledge football and the ideal of team sports suffers. It really sucks for the kids.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
1st split championship under the current BCS system. Maybe it'll just go away. And this is the first year I've noticed the plethora bowls. It's almost like your school could just pick one, sign up and go. This is BS, no pun intended.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Congrats Tigers. Tough game to watch, but we kept it interesting.

Anyone else think that colossal shot to Jason White's wrist against K State may have had a lingering effect? A majority of his passes were so off the recievers never even got a hand out..... No excuses.

I'm proud that we played hard all the way and took the loss without playing dirty at the end. No sore losers that I saw.

P.S. Lookout next year, Adrian Peterson said yes!!!!

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
BTW, I only use "we" if OU wins or loses. Some only use it on good days.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i went to osu but i wanted ou to win. i'm a big 12 fan. all our state schools lost. tulsa really stunk it up.

btw, that was definitely a fumble. it could've changed the outcome.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
A great game for sure... We had a small gathering at my house for the game, and all my LSU friends and fans agreed that if the game were 5 quarters that OU probably would have been the winner. They were definitely the stronger team in the end. Both teams played well and LSU took advantage of their opportunities when they were presented.

Now, can LSU repeat? I guess we'll see.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Okie; congratulations to the Sooners for playing a great game. My heart stayed in my throat for the entire last quarter. I almost couldn't watch!

LSU played their best in the early stages; and at one point simply dominated the game. Good thing too, 'cause Oklahoma came back hard!

Repeat? Who gives a rats patootie! We did it in '58, we can wait another 45 years if need be!

LSU IS the champion. Anyone who disagrees should send a petition to President Gore. :p

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Awesome game. Glad to see the Tigers pull it off but I couldn't believe they let it get that close at the end. That interception thrown by Mauck really changed the game for OU's favor.

I think LSU and OU fans, and LA and OK for that matter have a lot in common, growing up in South LA there aren't many options for sports teams to root for. You've got the Saints but that's it and during the 80's and early 90's they weren't much to get excited about. No professional baseball, no basketball (until recently) and really only one college to get behind. Every Saturday meant SEC football on the tube so you became an LSU football fan if only by osmosis at an early age. From the outside looking in OK seems similar.

One thing's for sure, those are two outstanding coaches who I'm sure the NFL will be beating down their door in the offseason. Hope they both resist the temptation and come back for another round.

Congrats to both....ellllllesshhhhhhuuuuuuuu!!!!!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
evenslower nailed it... a lot of folks won't understand how big college ball is in some states (southern states particularly). OK has no pro teams, sports here means Big 12 Football. I tell ya what though, given the choice, I'd take college ball over the pro version hands-down.

If you want to know who the Nat Champ is, ask who's got the crystal ball. Last I checked it wasn't cut in two. When the NCAA publishes... it won't say anything about USC.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan

Pred, get out the keys to the Whambulance. The SoCal boys will be whining.

[/B]

Okie.

What is this football that you speak of? :eek: Is is some kind of game or sumthin? :confused: Most of us So Cal guys were busy riding our dirt bikes. :scream:

By the way, no double posting. :laugh: :moon:

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
O.K. Time for the real cajun to speak up!!!! There was only ONE national championship game and it was the SUGAR Bowl. Only one crystal football and LSU has it. They are also 13-1 as opposed to 12-1 (trojans) and are #1 in 2 out of the three polls. They agreed to the BCS before the season so go cry that crap somewhere else. Who is the AP anyway but a bunch of reporters with inflated egos. :flame: Get rid of all the polls and live with the BCS. Congrats to OK for hangin tough and playing one hell of a game. They have alot to be proud off they had a great season. :worship: With that said LSU is the true CHAMPS!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I say . . . split championship, play one more. Settle it like men, not with them dang ol' computers.

again, a playoff is needed in 1A football.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
I got a back pasture we could stripe (once we run the cows out). Pred; see if you can round up them California boys, and I will start working on this end. ;)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Oklahomas' opponents only managed a 2-6 mark in post-season play. The teams on LSUs' and USCs' schedules went 5-1 in the post-season. This whole 'strength of schedule' thing seems so subjective to me. I'm with Pred---only an extra game can decide the true champs, otherwise it'll always be just a matter of your opinion versus my opinion.
An LSU/USC matchup would truly be a Championship game!

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I really like what Bob Stoops said in an interview on Friday night during halftime of whatever bowl game that was (there's so many you know). He basically said, look, this is college football, even though it may be seem desireable to have a playoff or another game after the Sugar Bowl, its not professional sports. Get over it. This is the system, no matter what you do somebody will be left out or feel cheated. These are college athletes. What about when only one team goes undefeated in any given season (I think OU did last year or year before), should they have to play an extra game to prove they're the real deal or give someone another chance to hand them a defeat, or should you simply just stop, let the chips fall, and do it again next year?

No matter what, someone will not be happy. I can't fix it, I don't fully understand it, and it don't cost me any money the way it is. I only hope Phillip wasn't challenging my real cajun-ness. That would hurt. :)

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Originally posted by evenslower
I only hope Phillip wasn't challenging my real cajun-ness. That would hurt. :)

No way man, I was just pokin fun at Randy. :laugh: :laugh:

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Originally posted by Philip

No way man, I was just pokin fun at Randy. :laugh: :laugh:

Then I completely understand :thumb: Damn poser, he didn't even know where to buy dried shrimp much less eat them the first time I asked him to bring some to Dirtweek.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I enjoyed watching both the Rose Bowl and the Nokia Snoop Dogg Sugar Bowl.

Congrats to LSU - what a great defense!  They really pushed OU around for the first 2.5 quarters. 

The thing I liked least about the Nokia Bowl broadcast was the deification of Snoop Dogg.  Give me a freaking BREAK, Nokia!  Stop shoving Snoop Dogg down our throats already! 

As for USC - they controlled the Rose Bowl against a solid Michigan team.  Based on what happened on the field (not what a computer or sportswrier says) it sure looked like USC is one of the two best teams in the country as of January, 2004.   Their overall season was just ever so slightly inferior to OU's and LSU's per the agreed upon computer formula.  

Oh well, that's the breaks. 

Top Bottom