Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Hello I ride a GG EC250 and am considering getting the LTR Jetting and powervalve cover kits. Anyone have expirence with these? Is the power and performance difference worth the money? any info would be appreciated

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
I got the LT kit and the PV cover and both are awesome. The special needle is night and day difference than the stock needle. Les sent me a 178 main, which was way fatter than what I was currently using, but it worked. I would say that both mods were well worth the money. The PV cover gave less of a performance gain then the jet kit, but it was still noticable, and the cover has a drain bolt to drain excess spooge. I installed the jet kit first, rode it a few times, then istalled the PV conver so was able to feel the difference each mod gave. The needle makes the bike hit fairly hard in the midrage, and it just screams on top! The PV cover gives a nice gain to off idle and low end power. If you would like to give mine a go in the spring before you buy, let me know and I can bring the stock jetting, and you can ride back to back versus the LT jetting.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Kokanee, what year is your EC? I ask because it does seem to make a difference.

I noticed a HUGE difference with the PV cover and/or the LTR jetting on both a 2003 EC300 and 2002 EC200.

The difference on my 03 EC250 was less dramatic, at least with the jet kit. Still better than stock, but not a "night and day" difference like the others. The PV cover did make a significant difference on my new bike though, bumping up the bottom end a little...I can run almost a gear taller through the same turn with the PV cover than without.

T-Bone

~SPONSOR~
Feb 10, 2001
Hi , I sell the LTR line for les in Canada and I have a used jetting kit that I sold to a ridder that liked it but was a little scared of the extra bottom end power. So it has maybe a few hours on it but I will let it go for less because I have no bag for it . just Email me Allen8@shaw.ca

sharp

Sep 30, 2001
Here's the nitty gritty - with the PV cover you can lug the motor down really low. The jet kit gives exceptional throttle reponse as soon as you crack the throttle, i.e., NO SLEEPY FLAT SPOTS - you will quickly learn good throttle control. Not a bad thing.

roostafish

Jul 14, 2000
I have had good results with the jetting kit. My bike has unbelievable throttle response. It really is a no brainer way to get the crisp running engine you've always dreamed of.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Both my Gassers had the jetting kit. A 2000 ec 250 and a 2001 xc 300. The 300 also had the power valve cover. The Jetting kits helped. I never ran the 300 without it so I can't speak for the differences on it. I had most of the LTR parts on both bikes. All of their products were first rate.

Top Bottom