TrackMaster2

Dec 1, 2003
hey guys, i read in the latest transworld motocross magazine today about an article that ezra lusk may be retiring. is any of this true? that sux, first mcgrath now lusk? :ugg:

Feb 22, 2004
I read the same thing. It looks like he's made a little money, considering he never took home the championship.

Plus, he's been hurt good a few times, and with age, and the new generation (Stewart, etc), now might be a good time to enjoy the family back home.

Tony

RedRyder

Mar 29, 2001
Ezra has always been my favorite rider (since I started watching SX/MX in 2001), so I'm hoping he gives the title one more shot, and goes out on a high note. In the latest issue of Racer X, he says that this (or maybe next year) will be his last best chance for the 250cc Supercross Championship, and considering how this year has gone so far... I think he should try to go out on a high note.
I never got to see Lusk battle Jeremy for the title, and have only witnessed him win a main once, but he has straight up beat Reed, Carmichael, Windham and the rest in his heats by coming from behind. And the battles between him and Reed last year in the heat races and at Phoenix was some of the best racing I've ever seen in the 250 class. His speed and guts, I've never questioned. Bad luck has always been Ezra's number one competitor.
I suggest that Ezra heals up and races the last couple rounds of this season, and skips the Outdoors (like Jeremy), to spend time with his wife and child. Then decide on whether or not to retire.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Bad luck has always been Ezra's number one competitor.

I'd have to say more his own mind.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
I'd have to agree with with nephron. Lusk has moments of brilliance then seems like he'd just like to pack up and go home. I liked him best when he was with yamaha a few years back. He seemed hungry and glad to be there and was estatic when he won(and still managed not to do the worm :think: ) When he went to Honda, his attidude seemed to change and he acted like HE was supposed to win every race and couldn't understand why he didn't. I don't know, just seemed like he wasn't having fun any more. I never really considered him much competition for McGrath but no body was till RC came along.

MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
I think he's possibly been kicked in the head one too many times. When Ezra speaks, he always comes over kind of dumb to me.

Top Bottom