FMF_pilot85

Jul 8, 2001
RC will be on a honda next year its a done deal, it just has not been made public yet and Lusk will be on a Kawi. As for you guys talking about Lusk I think he is honest and a good person and i dont remember him being cocky just confident. He has my kind of luck-BAD! As for being tough if you remember a couple years ago he broke his arm at a national and was back the very next race with a rod in his arm racing! You cant judge a person by just what you see on TV.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
ditto DONE DEAL!

Yeah, as stupid as it may seem to leave the comfortable ride, I have heard from a very reliable and credible within the fox industry and pro racing that RC to HONDA is a done deal.... They are keeping it quiet to keep down the controversys......which makes sense, because if RC has agreed with Kawi, they would put an end to all the rumors, and this way, Kawi may get 1 more championship out of him, and with Bubba Stewart coming up thruthem, maybe they feel they have another star to work with....
I didnt think it would make sense for I heard Kawi would pretty much match any offer...\
For the McGrath fans out there, this is good news.... RC will have to get accustomed to a new bike and different company, different from what he has ever known since he has been with Kawi all life, it may not be a big deal at all. But this should be extra motivation for MC since he has an opportunity to retake his SX title from his past hated supporter, and RC may , that is may, have a learning curve on the CR... who knows, but I'm sure Honda will want RC to ride with the #1 plate since all that Moolah will be spent on him, buying themselves a champion....

Duneman

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 1999
RC is gonna get spanked, by MC the king. I remember 97 when MC switched and lost but got revenge, RC will crash, and crash again, Pastromy will give everyone fits, but will not be a threat. Yogi on the other hand could do some damage................maybe:think

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
This is not meant as a flame on anyone, but why does everyone hate Lusk? He is my favorite rider, but Langston is gaining in that race. Yes he does crash some but also puts up some great results at times.

Duneman

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 1999
Lusk is one of my fav riders as well, he always gives 110% even if that means he spends time on the ground, Danny Magoo Chandler rode the same way in the 80's and so did Daryl Schults, Yogi is also a very respectable rider, he never rides dirty. How could anybody talk bad about a guy like that. :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I'm not sure why I dislike Lusk so. His cockiness maybe (which also makes me loathe RC), the way he took a dump on Yamaha, or the fact that he's a danger to be around (ask John Dowd).

One thing's for sure, though, he's no Magoo! That's like saying RC is like Hannah.

Blasphemy!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Truespode

Do you honestly think Yogi can keep his butt of the ground long enough to challenge for a championship?

i bet rc crashed as many times as ezra throughout the season. the difference is rc keeps it on two wheels during the mains.
rc is bound to get injured one of these times. personally, i hope someone besides mc takes advantage of it.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
inked

Just to follow up to my post, it is a done deal... They confirmed to me that RC did ink, or sign with Honda... Now it could've been a "contract of intent" which is like a temp, until all is worked out.... But the way our source said it was "it is done, he will be riding with Honda next year"
You guys bringing up Bubba Stewart is a great point, I was thinking of that yeasterday. Maybe Kawi will let RC go and not spend the money on him and hope to invest it all in Bubba...You gotta admit that if they retain Bubba and he pans out as great as he should be, Kawi has a darn good "farm" system...
It would be pretty hard to Pay for both of them if they are tops....
You know who is a pretty cool-down to earth rider? Tim Ferry... He is always kind to interviews, I met him this year at Budds Creek, got his auto, a smile, a hand shake and a pose for a photo...
While RC sat in his shade until proper time, had cut people off after his quota of 100 or 150 autos were signed... but hey, I guess you can only sign so much then get back to work, ... But Travis seemed alot different, getting up almost every auto and posing with lil kids and all....
Maybe we can get RC to keep signing and maybe he will start to get arm pump, and the rest of the crowd might have a shot at the title..

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Rumor has it (by MC) that Kawasaki is feeling a little incensed for not having the #1 plate on their bike at the nationals and says that if RC didn't want to be there, then he shouldn't. Given that, I wonder if Team Green would take him back if he suddenly decided not to take Honda up. Which he obviously has. Bubba will be a huge event for the PR guys if he continues to climb at his pace now.

Last edited:

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Look for Ernesto Fonseca to also be under the Honda tent for next year, 250 SX, 125 MX. And Greg Schnell to Y.O.T.

Truespode/Ivan- I see you've joined Motonews. Is it worth it? Is there that much great news in the members section? I freqeunt the message board but am too much of a slacker to join when I can read for free.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
last i heard, Fonzie was going to ride for Team NACNAC... Fonzie said he has had talks and was encouraged.. but Honda would be a surprise, I heard that it was Nathan Ramsey that was going there to displace hughes on the Crf450R, for Nate Dog was riding the 426 earlier this year before the east coast sx started, as was TP on the Rm250

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
RC to Honda?! That's too bad :( Kawasaki has been really good to him for a lot of years plus it will give him an excuse (new bike/team/blah blah) when he gets spanked next year. I can see Honda being very aggressive towards buying a #1 plate since it has been a very long dry spell for them but, what makes them think they WON"T screw up RC just like they did Yogi & KDub? Yeah that's right they (Honda) seem to apply sooooo much pressure to win that unless you are a certian personality type you crack and flounder while in their culture. Look back at those that have been at Honda and were #1 and you can see a pattern that they are all very strong personality types. RC sure doesn't seem to have the ability to deal with that. On the other hand I'll bet Lusk will be a much changed rider when/if he ends up green.

Until it's official I'll just sit back and watch the fireworks because a letter/contract of intent don't mean squat (just ask KDub ;)). Sure hope RC figures out there's more to it than just a dollar sign BEFORE he becomes a piece of meat in the Honda shop.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
no dout xrpredator, thanks for the link, that is some fresh news... how bout how they list, "fonseca will ride with tortelli and ramsey , and one other soon to mentioned rider" it that doesnt forshadow RC, I dont know what does...

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
What makes you think they won't get the results out of him they got out of RJ, Bailey, Hannah, JMB, MC

RC is quiet, shy, not completly sure of himself even though he displays some confidence he is more like Yogi and KDub personality wise than ANY of the past champs you listed. Walk up to The Hurricane some time, the guy has this invincible attitude, RJ, JMB, Bailey and McGrath all do as well. IMO that is something you either have or you don't it's not something you can learn.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
He seemed to not understand why anyone wanted his autograph and would prefer to be around people he knows.

My point EXACTLY.

I guess time will tell.

Working harder than Hannah? Never.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by Patman
Working harder than Hannah? Never.
I couldn't agree more, Patman. If not for the unfortunate incident with Marty Tripes, Bob Hannah would have so many untouchable records that we wouldn't even be comparing MC or RC (or even Bubba for that matter) to him.

Love him or hate him, he was (and still is) the greatest motocrosser ever.:)

When ol' Buckwheat speaks, everyone should listen.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
XRP that was all back it the day and I think many have either forgotten or were not old enough to remember and appreciate the ferocious vigor that he attacked every race with. Didn’t matter if it was a race through the produce isle of the grocery store or the last race of the Nationals, he was there to humiliate the competition. I’d bet he could still put some serious heat on today’s fast boys.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
And the best part, when he'd wrap up a title early, he'd pull the pin and go huntin'!

Gotta love a guy who could still hammer through the woops with sacked out suspension, and pull off the win!

I guess that's why we're here, Pat. To let these "youngsters" know where they came from.:D

Top Bottom